ACC Online With PS4

• Thread starter Scuba1958
  • 9 comments
United States
Ocala, Florida
Scuba1958
Finally got fed up with the BS of GT Sport, so tried out ACC. I'm totally hooked! After playing against the AI for a month or so I earned my platinum rating and can be very competitive with the AI cranked up to 95%. So now it's time to try some online racing. Is there a "ACC Online Racing For Total Noobs" resource out there?

Several hours later .......

Okay, maybe my question wasn't specific enough.

Went on Competition Server tonight. Once free practice began I started doing laps. Is it normal to not see any other cars? And what is with the little box that keeps flashing with my screen name and what looks like a little light bulb? After free practice, ran the quali session. Again no other cars or their lap times to compare mine to. Normal?

I'll stop there. Someone help a guy out!

Last edited:
Finally got fed up with the BS of GT Sport, so tried out ACC. I'm totally hooked! After playing against the AI for a month or so I earned my platinum rating and can be very competitive with the AI cranked up to 95%. So now it's time to try some online racing. Is there a "ACC Online Racing For Total Noobs" resource out there?

Went on Competition Server tonight. Once free practice began I started doing laps. Is it normal to not see any other cars? And what is with the little box that keeps flashing with my screen name and what looks like a little light bulb? After free practice, ran the quali session. Again no other cars or their lap times to compare mine to. Normal?

I agree with GTS.

Love ACC as well but cannot offer any intelligent advise. I just wanted to respond to let you know I have experienced the same thing.

Hi - did you get any advice on this? I've moved over from GTS as well due to the ramming and divebombing. Also, I tried to play it against night- just doing a GT3 daily race - but it feels really arcadey after a week or two just playing ACC.

I will be getting into online racing as my primary thing once I'm a bit more competent and can race safely without risk of crashing into anyone else (I don't mind getting whipped at first, but don't want to cause a collision that ruin another person's race).

Had the same experience some weeks ago on XBox. You can play GT Sport on PS4 with a good amount of players, you can play Forza 7 on Xbox at the right times and classes/lobbies. It is already bad for a longer time on Forza Horizon 4 with very few players. F1 is always there with the new one every year. But it is already difficult to even find a league with a normal (15-20+) car field for ACC and close to impossible finding this as a normal online lobby. But that is just the normal reality. Game is too old an niche for consoles. You need a PC for sim racing, you need a (Sony) console for simcade if you want to have a good amount of multiplayer participants. I quickly sold my Xbox Series console 6 weeks after buying and swallowed the bitter pill of buying a new PC with half the price of the whole machine for a RTX 3000 series card.

Last edited:
Had the same experience some weeks ago on XBox. You can play GT Sport on PS4 with a good amount of players, you can play Forza 7 on Xbox at the right times and classes/lobbies. It is already bad for a longer time on Forza Horizon 4 with very few players. F1 is always there with the new one every year. But it is already difficult to even find a league with a normal (15-20+) car field for ACC and close to impossible finding this as a normal online lobby. But that is just the normal reality. Game is too old an niche for consoles. You need a PC for sim racing, you need a (Sony) console for simcade if you want to have a good amount of multiplayer participants. I quickly sold my Xbox Series console 6 weeks after buying and swallowed the bitter pill of buying a new PC with half the price of the whole machine for a RTX 3000 series card.
Hopefully next gen consoles will fix this. The ACC update is basically the main reason for me getting a PS5.

ACC is really great! Finally got the feel for it and did a 3hr endurance race! By far the best computer competition I have ran against. But there is something to getting on GTS and getting full rooms and being able to race. Took a bit to get to S rated drivers for safety rating, but there people are generally good racers. I think some of the downfall comes on you as a racer. Don't put yourself in a spot to get dive bombed on. Don't put yourself in a ****** situation in a chicane. Work on your craft, pass where you can and know you will get by. Work on finding out your competition weak points and take them there....not into the chicane on Dragontail....or elsewere.

Acc has really helped my patience with the accelerator. It really did take some time to get used to it compared to GTS. GTS really a plug and play game. ACC took some time to get....but the realism is so good. I love getting in the car....turning on the igntion and firing up the car myself!

Im on PS4 if anyone wants to race jpine324

ACC is really great! Finally got the feel for it and did a 3hr endurance race! By far the best computer competition I have ran against. But there is something to getting on GTS and getting full rooms and being able to race. Took a bit to get to S rated drivers for safety rating, but there people are generally good racers. I think some of the downfall comes on you as a racer. Don't put yourself in a spot to get dive bombed on. Don't put yourself in a ****** situation in a chicane. Work on your craft, pass where you can and know you will get by. Work on finding out your competition weak points and take them there....not into the chicane on Dragontail....or elsewere.

Acc has really helped my patience with the accelerator. It really did take some time to get used to it compared to GTS. GTS really a plug and play game. ACC took some time to get....but the realism is so good. I love getting in the car....turning on the igntion and firing up the car myself!

Im on PS4 if anyone wants to race jpine324
There are things GT Sport does well, and things ACC does well (on console). For me, after playing ACC and going back to GTS, the cars in GTS feel like they're gliding. There's no feedback from the road surface at all. And now I'm really aware of it, it's all I can think about.

It would be amazing if GT7 managed to get a bit closer to ACC in terms of how the cars feel to drive, as no console racing game is likely to come close in terms of lobby sizes.

I prefer ACC as a racing game. It just looks kind of honky on PS4 and seemingly suffers from lack of players online.

Back