ACC PS5 Frame Drops in certain circuits

Portugal
Lisbon
Oinsert_coinO
Hello everybody
Does anyone here that plays ACC on PS5 in a 4k tv with 120hz, gaming mode, etc (not gaming monitor) is having any frame drop issues in specific circuits in this 1.9 version? I believe i didn't happen in the previous 1.8 version or it did but it wasn't noticeable

I get it sometimes, used to happen before the update as well.
Before the update i actually don't remember seeing any stutter whatsoever, but now is so prominent that actually has an effect on my lap times because in just one lap it can stutter in 80% of the track, specially while turning 😤😮‍💨. And I'm using the same tv as i did in version 1.8.
On the other hand my friends that use monitors aren't experiencing any frame drop issues

It never happened too much, just the occasional stutter. Does it happen more on any particular track?

Last edited:
It never happened too much, just the occasional stutter. Does it happen more on any particular track?
Yeah, Silverstone
I'm training there for an upcoming endurance race and it's getting really frustrating because it's stuttering (for as long as 2 seconds) on turns that you need to be more focused on 😤...and it's completely random because sometimes i'm expecting the stutter and nothing 😅.
Someone said to me that it could be the amount of cloud percentage that the track has and that i should try in single player mode to reduce the cloud percentage by half and see if it continues to stutter.
When I'm training in offline it also stutters...but than again I'm training in the same conditions of those online

I just bought the game on Xbox and am also experiencing the occasional frame drop on tracks. Haven't tried Silverstone yet though.

I just bought the game on Xbox and am also experiencing the occasional frame drop on tracks. Haven't tried Silverstone yet though.
Hey
You bought the most recent version of the game correct? For Xbox S/X?
Are you playing on a TV or monitor?

Hey
You bought the most recent version of the game correct? For Xbox S/X?
Are you playing on a TV or monitor?
Yes from the Microsoft store and an LG C2 evo.

Last edited:
On my Xbox Series X (4k/60) version of the game, I only notice stutter in a very specific situation - it tends to be during the final corner just after starting a new hot lap, before hitting the start/finish straight. As if something is still loading.

But under normal racing I've not had any noticeably frame drops or stutters.

It does it on both PS5 and XSX versions, which are identical really. I don’t think it happens often enough to be too annoying though.

Yes from the Microsoft store and an LG C2 evo.

It does it on both PS5 and XSX versions, which are identical really. I don’t think it happens often enough to be too annoying though.
Hey
So i've been running some tests since i posted this thread and i've noticed that when i use the outside camera angles when I'm driving (not matter each one) i don't notice any single frame drop, but the moment i switch to any of the cockpit cameras that's when I start to notice the frame drops again. It's so weird because i've always played ACC since i remember with the cockpit view and now i'm kinda forced to play with the bonnet camera angle so i can properly play it without getting angered 🫤

Last edited:
I find the framerate generally smooth, 60fps most of the time, but I get the dreaded frame lurch probably once per race. It's jarring but better than a mostly sub-60fps experience.

Back