Acceleration problems?

United States
United States
Hi guys,
I might be a little behind the trend here, but it seems that I am having some issues with acceleration. I have of course done some looking into the problem, and it seems like this has been an issue for some time. Though I can't seem to find a cause to the problem. nor have I been able to find a solid fix to the problem. So can someone please bring me up to speed? Is there a solution to this problem?

I personally haven’t had any issues, but maybe it’s a calibration issue?

Also your poll has nothing to do with your post...

Hi guys,
I might be a little behind the trend here, but it seems that I am having some issues with acceleration. I have of course done some looking into the problem, and it seems like this has been an issue for some time. Though I can't seem to find a cause to the problem. nor have I been able to find a solid fix to the problem. So can someone please bring me up to speed? Is there a solution to this problem?

Since you haven't specified the nature of your acceleration problem is it would be hard to get a clear answer. For instance is acceleration too slow, too fast, not at all?

It's going to be really difficult for people to help you unless you actually tell us what the problem with the acceleration is.

Also information on the wheel and pedal set, or controller type that your using would also be essential for people to help with troubleshooting your problem.

I’m thinking he’s referring to the grip physics when trying to launch. The way almost any car will instantly spin the tires and bounce off the rev limiter faster than light speed. That’s really the only issue I have with the acceleration. Usually leaving it in second will help when track racing, or use TCS. They also only use about half the range of motion for the trigger on the controller, with no adjustments possible. It’s really not an issue most of the time, just have to be easy on the throttle and feather it more.

Mashing the throttle in real life has the same concequence as the game, so I don’t really see the problem here.

Mashing the throttle in real life has the same concequence as the game, so I don’t really see the problem here.

Not to that degree, the cars bounce off the rev limiter much faster than possible irl, and a full throttle launch in a Miata doesn’t just spin tires like in game, not to that degree. That’s really the only issue physics wise that I have though, it’s not a big deal.

I think he is driving with TCS on without knowing it. When stepping the gas, the gas meter turns red as if the car is not full on gas. You think your pedals are broken.

But we have to wait and see for more details. But I am betting my money on this.

I would say that my issue is having vary little, to very slow. I will at some point get up to speed, but not before being lapped.
And yes the gas meter is only going to the half way mark. I have the sensitivity to the controller up pretty much all the way. and it seems to help.... some. But I will have to take a closer look at the TCS settings. should I turn it down? ore just completely off?

It is the original controller from a first gen PS4..... I'll have to look into getting a new one. that sucks......

It probably is that then, it will only record a half press if broken so the acceleration gauge will not reach the top. Use a different method to accelerate, if that works you'll know for sure this is the problem. ;)

Think I've found it, as you go full throttle push your trigger finger slightly to the left, full bar every time

Back