Acceleration tests

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 7 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
I seem to remember that in the earlier GT series there was a test track where you could compare 0-60 times and ¼ mile times.... (google just confirmed :) )

There's nothing similar here so has anyone figured out a way to compare cars for this?

I looked at all the tracks and thought Fuji might do but sector 1 includes a bend, so it won't. SSRX won't work because the first sector is way too long.

I tried using it on time trial, pulled up to the start, hit go and tried to review when I crossed the 400m line (¼ mile) in replay but that doesn't work too well and will be really imprecise and a pain in the butt.

I've sorted out my fastest top speed cars but am now trying to compare acceleration.... anyone have any bright ideas??

SSRX using distance markers. TCS off (faster acceleration than 1 after the recent update). Revs at idle. Apply full throttle (or roll onto it as best you can if it’s impossible). Share, save video clip (1 min). Upload to USB. Trim precisely on computer.

Oversight to not bring the testing feature back.

2nd gear, steady speed, maybe 50MPH, cross the line and bang gears till some arbitrary distance. Since torque curves are different, try shifting each car at 1/3 of the rev bar, 2/3 and start of flashing. You will find that some cars like being shifted at a sweet spot, and some may be almost the same no matter where you shift. If the car spins the tires, you need to figure how fast you can smash the throttle and not get spin, or try a different start speed.

SSRX using distance markers. TCS off (faster acceleration than 1 after the recent update). Revs at idle. Apply full throttle (or roll onto it as best you can if it’s impossible). Share, save video clip (1 min). Upload to USB. Trim precisely on computer.

I tend to use this one, but start start with TCS at 1 to get off the line then zero to get more consistent launches.

Thanks. Will give it a go but looks a bit of a workup! ;)

Distance isn’t needed to measure acceleration. Acceleration is delta v / delta time, so you could just measure how long it takes for the car to reach a certain speed, whether it’s 0-100 km/h or 0-200 km/h.

Distance isn’t needed to measure acceleration. Acceleration is delta v / delta time, so you could just measure how long it takes for the car to reach a certain speed, whether it’s 0-100 km/h or 0-200 km/h.

I know but it's pretty hard in this game to hit "pause" as soon as you reach 60 / 100! Comparing a ¼ mile gives an idea, but that again looks a bit awkward to do in this version of GT.
At the end of the day doesn't really matter.... you soon get to know which cars you're quickest in! Just be interesting to compare....

I know but it's pretty hard in this game to hit "pause" as soon as you reach 60 / 100! Comparing a ¼ mile gives an idea, but that again looks a bit awkward to do in this version of GT.
At the end of the day doesn't really matter.... you soon get to know which cars you're quickest in! Just be interesting to compare....

That's the beauty of it, you don't need to hit exactly 60 / 100. It works perfectly fine to pause when you hit 61 or 99, because you calculate the delta speed / delta time.

59 mph / 4.72 seconds = 60 mph / 4.8 seconds = 61 mph / 4.88 seconds = 12.5 mph/second.

Back