Acceptance of GT5s flaws....online/offline poll

  • Thread starter Thread starter robbo6
  • 21 comments
  • 1,615 views

Do you accept GT5s flaws and do you mainly play off or online?

  • Yes - mainly play online

    Votes: 32 33.0%
  • no - mainly play online

    Votes: 13 13.4%
  • yes - mainly play offline

    Votes: 34 35.1%
  • no - mainly play offline

    Votes: 18 18.6%

  • Total voters
    97

robbo6

(Banned)
Messages
564
Wales
Welshman in Eng
Second poll to investigate acceptance of GT5s flaws. I have a clear assumption from comments that those who mainly play offline will be happier with the game, as most established flaws mainly effect Aspec mode.

As mentioned I have a third poll planned (hopefully no-one objects as this is not about what the flaws are, rather about the users reactions to the flaws). Also I don't know if I should separate out the offline players...as it seems those who mainly hotlap select cars are very happy with the game.
 
I don't see how you really have a choice if you accept them or not. If you don't accept them, you won't play the game. If you play the game, then you are forced into accepting them.
 
I don't see how you really have a choice if you accept them or not. If you don't accept them, you won't play the game. If you play the game, then you are forced into accepting them.

Not quite I don't accept the flaws so I (some would say) "bitch" about them rather a lot in the vain hope that it will get back to PD and get addressed and hopefully fixed (and yes I'm well aware the second coming of christ may be more likely...I'm not going to stop moaning!;) ). And I still play the game loads, when the game is good it's DAMN good and one of the best games I have...but all too often that gets spoiled by moments when the game is bad and when it's bad it's DAMN bad!
 
It is not clear to me exactly what you mean by accepting the flaws. I hate the flaws in gt5, but I still play. I wished they fixed them, or simply put out a finished product, but I don't sit and complain about them endlessly.

If you cannot stand the flaws, simply play iracing, or rfactor instead.
 
I'm not sure I have ever played any game that doesn't have flaws, bugs, glitches or whatever you will call them. They all do.

As far as I know, now we have all bought the game, PD are under no obligation to patch or update the game. These are effectively a free service, as are seasonal events and the OCD.

I accepted the flaws the day I bought GT5, if I hadn't I would have got a refund.
 
I'm not sure I have ever played any game that doesn't have flaws, bugs, glitches or whatever you will call them. They all do.

As far as I know, now we have all bought the game, PD are under no obligation to patch or update the game. These are effectively a free service, as are seasonal events and the OCD.

I accepted the flaws the day I bought GT5, if I hadn't I would have got a refund.

^ That is the way I feel as well. And at least the flaws aren't generally of the kind that make the game crash so all your hard earned credits/PP are wiped out, unlike some other good games I could name.
 
I accept GT5's flaws, but I play it online and offline equally...so that kind of makes my poll option too hard for me.
 
i play online and offline equally,
and i don't think what few flaws the game has, warrant a poll.
 
First off there's way more than a few flaws, the game is riddled with them. (I can do a list if required, but it's all so well documented and not what the thread is about)

secondly, will people please STOP saying go play something else?? I WANT to play the game and fully enjoy it as much as possible and I'm curious about the way others a clearly able to ignore/accept the flaws, so I'm doing some polls to ascertain why this is, mainly by seeing if it affecting me so much because of the way I'm playing the game.

Sadly (for me) so far the poll results are leaving this theory dead. I was kind of thinking that those who don't endure the games broken economy, lack of events and lack of good ai would be more willing to see past the flaws. But it's identical at the mo (give or take)

Then again I havn't taken into account possible collusion and fixing of the polls I'm doing. I'm hoping and taking it all as honest voting.
 
I'm not sure I have ever played any game that doesn't have flaws, bugs, glitches or whatever you will call them. They all do.

As far as I know, now we have all bought the game, PD are under no obligation to patch or update the game. These are effectively a free service, as are seasonal events and the OCD.

I accepted the flaws the day I bought GT5, if I hadn't I would have got a refund.

Not really. They still haven't added, after 6 months of this game's release, matchmaking, which is a feature listed in the manual. As long as the game lacks promised features, it's an incomplete product and they must update it.

Anyway, I do not accept GT5's flaws and rarely do I play online. I care more about a fun single player (unfortunately GT5's is really short and not very enjoyable as it encourages grinding) mode than online.
 
I really don't know what to choose. I like (love, whatever) GT5, but I would not accept the flaws because I want them to disappear in future updates or sequels. However, I have to accept becuse I like (love, whatever) playing...:confused:
 
well,

While GT5's AI is certainly lacking, i've never played a racing game with "good" AI. Nonetheless the AI in GT5 leaves much to be desired... but i wouldn't call it "flawed".

If you are looking to enjoy the game, i recommend playing online with friends who are good drivers. In that scenario, the game is exceptional.
 
Not really. They still haven't added, after 6 months of this game's release, matchmaking, which is a feature listed in the manual. As long as the game lacks promised features, it's an incomplete product and they must update it.

Anyway, I do not accept GT5's flaws and rarely do I play online. I care more about a fun single player (unfortunately GT5's is really short and not very enjoyable as it encourages grinding) mode than online.

Fair point on the matchmaking, whatever that might be.
I only play single player too, and will admit there is a shortage of events. However, we are given 5 new ones roughly every week, presenting new challenges. The special events also provide good variety. I am though, quite happy to run races several times over without feeling like I am being forced to grind as I simply enjoy racing. Just jump into a different car and you have a different race.
At first I was disappointed at the exclusion of one make races that used to appear in the dealers, but they are available in practice, and are challenging and fun, despite not earning money and XP.
There really are plenty of challenges if you are willing to sacrifice the rewards.

I really don't think GT5 is "riddled" with flaws as the OP claims. I am at A-spec 37 and B-spec 36 and really have not encountered anything that bothers me. For me the racing aspect of the game works perfectly, and that is why I bought it.
 
Online only. I don't accept the flaws.
 
I wouldn't be still playing the game or coming on these forums if I didn't accept the flaws. The game is just too good to brush aside from the flaws it has.
 
well,

While GT5's AI is certainly lacking, i've never played a racing game with "good" AI. Nonetheless the AI in GT5 leaves much to be desired... but i wouldn't call it "flawed".

If you are looking to enjoy the game, i recommend playing online with friends who are good drivers. In that scenario, the game is exceptional.

I don't like playing online, I need to be in control of when and for how long I play the game. I suspected (hence this poll idea) that those happier than me played online more, but it's just identical results. completely inconclusive, no difference at all. I'm starting to think that GT5 is just really fine tuned to what I particularly dislike!!

Sometimes I think that if kaz served my favourite meal (fish and chips) it would be a turd in batter not a fish!
 
Had to choose "no, mostly play offline". I would play a lot more online, but there is no way I'm going to waste my time learning the way a car handles offline and then relearn that car for online. This remains the "killer flaw" for me in GT5. (Honestly, I've mostly moved on to other things and filed GT5 away in my list of "most disappointing sequels of all time".) I also think GT5's single-player mode is unforgivably incomplete.
 
I only accept them because I can't do nothing about them & PD don't listen anyway!

1997: make sounds realistic

2011: ..........................zzzz
 
Online is exceptionally poor. We need online events like in GT5P. You can be on for hours without even getting into a race, it is a really bad system of letting the host decide when to start the race.
Even if they kept the current set up but also had online events governed by PD, that would be brilliant.
How bad is it that GT5P's online is better than GT5's. You may disagree, but it feels like a load of kids who don't take it seriously go on to mess about.
 
alfajamesromeo
Online is exceptionally poor. We need online events like in GT5P. You can be on for hours without even getting into a race, it is a really bad system of letting the host decide when to start the race.
Even if they kept the current set up but also had online events governed by PD, that would be brilliant.
How bad is it that GT5P's online is better than GT5's. You may disagree, but it feels like a load of kids who don't take it seriously go on to mess about.

I agree 100%. Yesterday, in fact, I wasted about an hour or so trying to find a race for the car I wanted to use. :banghead:

In the end, I didn't even get to use the car I wanted unless I wanted to be left behind, as I got a room which was best suited for LMPs and Group C cars. But I was just happy to finally be in a race.
 
Anyways, the singleplayer mode is horrible and I almost exclusively play single player. Multiplayer can be fun for a while but for extensive playing its not my cup of tea, unless its a mmo
 
Back