Access to website blocked: Gateway GEO-IP Filter Alert

• Thread starter JKgo
  • 6 comments
South Africa
South Africa
I need advice on what is going on here.

I was trying to access a website called Munpia (www.munpia.com) which hosts Korean webnovels. I had no issues whatsoever yesterday but suddenly, I am now cut off. The access denied page shows my IP address and the country.

I know that my IP is dynamic, and when I checked the one shown, its from a wrong suburb altogether. The country is correct - South Africa.

I looked up online, but there's no useful info. I'm getting crap like, "install SonicWall" and stuff like that. I'd rather not install something I won't use.

Here's the screenshot.

Screenshot (1081).png

I would appreciate anyone shedding some light on this situation. Thanks in advance.

I see the same message (in the United States). Most likely, the website administrator has misconfigured their firewall or is intentionally blocking traffic from outside Korea.

I see the same message (in the United States). Most likely, the website administrator has misconfigured their firewall or is intentionally blocking traffic from outside Korea.

...Oh, thanks for checking it out.

Does that mean I should contact the website admin and let them know? Or wait until it's resolved by itself?

Maybe I should just wait around, see if that solves the issue. Thanks again.

They might not know there is a problem, so if you have the owner's contact info it wouldn't hurt to reach out.

...Access is possible now. Initially, the website seemed a broken mess, suggesting that they might have been under some sort of an attack.

Damn you, Kim Jong-Un!!!!

We use sonicwalls quite a bit but for network securty, not as a web server gateway. Someone has obviously misconfigured something.

We use sonicwalls quite a bit but for network securty, not as a web server gateway. Someone has obviously misconfigured something.

...I'll take your word for it. The website in question hasn't released anything regarding the downtime. It's working now, my details doesn't seem to be compromised, so I guess.... it's all good? Thanks for your two cents, though.

Back