Accessing update data already on PS3

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 6 comments
Canada
Oak Bay, NB, Canada
Bic44
Hello everyone - I recently switched PS3s to one with a bigger HDD. Knowing the issues with updates, I used the data transfer tool to send the update data to my new PS3 (I deleted my actual games because that thing takes forever - it's much easier to just redownload them from PSN). So, I downloaded GT6, and when I go to start it, it tries to download all 21 updates. The game data utility is showing 16GB of update data, but it doesn't seem to want to apply that. I turned off the network connection to try and force it, but it just started up the game. Is there any workaround for this? Or am I just going to have to go through the painful process of downloading them in steps? Thanks for any help!

A shot in the dark here but with the console swap, maybe you need to activate your main account on it. Just in case you're not sure how, playstation network/account management and system activation is in there.

I think I had already did that, but I did it again just in case-didn't do anything - but thanks for the suggestion. My other question would be, should I delete my game data utility that I currently have on the system before I re-download all the updates? And, even though I'm sure I know the answer, this won't affect my game save data in any way will it?

If you mean deleting the game data itself, I would as I'll be installing them again anyway. No idea if there would be a problem with the existing data but it's probably better to be safe than sorry.

Your save file will be safe as it's completely separate to the game data.

You probably know this by now, but use an ethernet cable. I did that 1/3 way through my install and it did make a difference!

Back