Accessing user-created tracks

• Thread starter Jack08520
  • 9 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
Jack08520
in GT6 I was able to go online and find the Thundebolt and Lightning racetracks at NJ Motorsports Park that had been created by others. When they shut down online for GT6 this was lost. I now have a PS4+GTS and looking to find these tracks again. Does GTS even have a track-builder app?

Thanks in advance - Jack

Marvelous - I’m in probably $400 between PS4, the game, and Cronus adapter - and all I want now is PS3 + GT6 with user-created tracks )-:

it was also on android or ipad ios only!

The official app, yes. But we made a couple of PC applications for creating and editing tracks and towards the end of GT6’s lifespan they were actually much better than the official app in many ways:

• Elevation control
  • A range of tools for easily creating bumps and jumps and smooth slope transitions
  • Elevation analysis: slope and rate of slope change (effectively a G-meter)
  • Polygonal track design (place two straights and the app rounds off the corner between them to create a curve)
  • Adjustable corner radius (without having to remodel everything)
  • Camber control for each corner
  • Euler curves (gradually increasing / decreasing curvature)
  • Procedural hairpins
  • Controlling the number of sectors
  • Speed-decoration
  • Displaying terrain contour lines
  • Curved S/F “straights”
  • 3D view of the track
  • Track map export
  • Track translation, rotation, mirroring and reversing
  • Smaller save files
  • Unlimited number of save files (as long as there is free space on your computer of course)
  • Common design limitations displayed as warnings instead of having hard limits
Basically, most of the course maker limitations were just limitations of the app - on the console side it was a lot more powerful. Don’t think it was capable of buildings loops (since the path had to be described in 2D), but that was about it.

As GTS doesn't have user generated tracks, I don't see the point of continuing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back