Accessing XMB with G27 wheel

  • Thread starter Thread starter SunsetSailor
  • 8 comments
  • 1,324 views
Messages
186
Australia
Adelaide
Messages
Sun53t_S41l0r
Hey guys, i was using a controller for the past year and had no issues with receiving/replying to messages while still in an online lobby.

However upun having my new G27 wheel setup for about a month, i've not been able to access the XMB menu at all.

The G27 has no PS button like a controller has. I've tried every button to no avail. I can send a friend request by selecting the player in the lobby, but if i receive a friend request from someone in the lobby, i can't read it or reply to it until i exit. This is also a logistical nightmare as a potential host because i can't invite anyone to my lobby without closing the room.

As it stands, the only way i can access the XMB menu is to turn it off and turn it back on again! Clearly, that's just not practical. Please tell there's a solution to this problem...There HAS to be!? :banghead:
 
Umm... why not try using your DS3 alongside your G27? All you have to do is set your DS3 to Player 1 (this isn't even necessary if all you want is the PS button).
 
Umm... why not try using your DS3 alongside your G27? All you have to do is set your DS3 to Player 1 (this isn't even necessary if all you want is the PS button).

But that would make my G27 wheel player 2 wouldn't it? Would i still be able to use the wheel for all my driving if it's controller 2?

What if i make the DS3 controller 2...Would i be able to use the PS button then?
I didn't think controller 2 could do that, but i'll give that a try.

I certainly don't want to be switching them back and forth all the time.
 
But that would make my G27 wheel player 2 wouldn't it? Would i still be able to use the wheel for all my driving if it's controller 2?

What if i make the DS3 controller 2...Would i be able to use the PS button then?
I didn't think controller 2 could do that, but i'll give that a try.

I certainly don't want to be switching them back and forth all the time.
No idea. But that's what I do, and it works; plug in G27, turn on DS3, set DS3 to Player 1, and away you go.
 
What if i make the DS3 controller 2...Would i be able to use the PS button then?
I didn't think controller 2 could do that, but i'll give that a try.

I didn't think controller 2 could access the XMB menu, but it does. It worked! My problem is solved. I feel so stupid!? :O
 
As a bonus, if you set the DS3 to Player 1, you can access the GT5 menu with the DS3, which is much more handy than using the G27.
 
Controllers are actually quite useful in cooperation with the G27. One of the easiest and most effective mods you can do to the G27 is velcroing a DS3 to the center of the wheel, then assigning certain controls to the buttons/joysticks (i.e. brights on and off to circle, E-brake to right joystick) that can be used in-race. Remember to set your DS3 to first controller so you can use it in the menus.
 
As a bonus, if you set the DS3 to Player 1, you can access the GT5 menu with the DS3, which is much more handy than using the G27.

Controllers are actually quite useful in cooperation with the G27. One of the easiest and most effective mods you can do to the G27 is velcroing a DS3 to the center of the wheel, then assigning certain controls to the buttons/joysticks (i.e. brights on and off to circle, E-brake to right joystick) that can be used in-race. Remember to set your DS3 to first controller so you can use it in the menus.

Thanks Guys. I knew there had to be a way!? Problem solved. :cheers:
 
Back