Account Invalid

• Thread starter mcfizzle
  • 4 comments
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
GTP_mcfizzle
LotsaMcfizzle
I need some help, I just picked up Shift 2, downloaded the VIP Pass, updated the game and installed the data. It did some loading, and then it said account invalid without asking me to sign in, and then it just tries to connect to autolog servers and doesn't do anything. It won't allow me to play the game, I've waited minutes and all I can do is quit through the XMB. Anyone know of a fix? Thanks for the help.

It should ask for an EA online ID or something like that when you start the game. Perhaps the servers were offline at that time or you couldn't connect?

NLxAROSA
It should ask for an EA online ID or something like that when you start the game. Perhaps the servers were offline at that time or you couldn't connect?

I figured it out a little, it's an issue with my account through EA. My GTP account logged in with no issues. I forgot about it but I had a similar issue with the first shift where I couldn't log in but was able to play still connected to the PSN. When I contacted the EA tech sport support last time their only advice was to delete everyone off of my friends list. I never entered my EA account info when I started Shift 2 but I assume since it is same as my PSN email that is what's causing the problem. I will have to contact them again, at the very least I want them to give me a new vip pass so I can play online with my gtp account if I can't use my main account.

It's weird that it remembers your PSN, it must store that somewhere, did you try deleting the save and the gamedata (possibly including any other EA games you have)?

Also, go to the EA website via the browser and login there, there you can manage your EA online ID and any accounts (PSN, XBL, PC) that are attached to it. Throw off the PSN account(s). Then start/install the game again.

Back