[ACCTT I] ENDED

France
Nantes
P308R
Welcome to the first ACCTT. This week everything starts off fresh with a nice combination of a great sounding V8 cruising around in front of Kunos’s office.

If you haven’t read up on the general information I advise you to do so and if there are any questions, please post them in the general information thread as well. Below you will find the important links and event details. I wish everyone a great time :cheers:!

inaccessible
inaccessible
inaccessible

[ACCTT I]
friday 9 sept 2016 - saturday 24 sept 2016

• Car: Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
  • Track: Vallelunga Classic

• Time of day: 18:00 / 6:00 PM
  • Weather: Clear
  • Temperature: 26° C / 78,8° F

• Tire: Vintage

Last edited:
And off we go!!! Early advice on this car/track combination, transmission gearing is very important for this car. Try to get the gearing setup and shifting pattern that gives you the least wheelspin without bogging the engine down. Wheelspin is a killer in this car because once they let loose you tend to fly up to the redline quickly and lose control and forward progression. Gobs of torque in this car down low so you don't have to worry as much about pulling power at lower revs as you might in some of the more peaky powered cars.

I made the gears a bit longer so that it doesn't run against the limiter at the end. I set it on 277 km/h. This way it seems to work in the slow and faster corners. I really like how this car picks up power. You can catch it very gently and on the same time it stays pretty planted. Brakes are actually good as well :D

1'26:020 for starters. You all will have an example how it looks in the timing sheet.

Last edited:
Well only my 4th day on the game and this car is a handful stock.

Make the gears a bit longer. It really helps. I tried to go in first gear for the hairpin but you need to be extremely carefull. If you leave it in second it pulls pretty nicely until the left / right section.

Here is my first one

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1473551602661.jpg
    FB_IMG_1473551602661.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 22
Got a chance to run a few laps yesterday. Couldn't put a really clean one together but managed a 1:23.871. Not sure if it's like this on console, but the windshield is so dirty on this car you're almost blinded in a couple of corners:scared::lol:
Solid time mate 👍, you're not too bad eh :lol:
And yes visually this combo is quite tough.... Its one thing to try and control this beast, yet lets throw in super tight corners and sunsets so you cant see 🤬. Could have picked a slightly easier combo to start :lol:

Eitherway a good 90mins or so netted me a 1'24.373, I had to learn the track and car. All I changed was brake bias to 63 and gearing to tall so it was a 3 speed. I know I'm making mistakes and leaving time out there but I really don't know how much. Its the kind of combo you can change one or two things and just pick up .5.

Edit: I saved a screenshot through my PS4 but I don't know how to upload it without posting it to Facebook :lol:. I'm such a noob :lol:

Got a chance to run a few laps yesterday. Couldn't put a really clean one together but managed a 1:23.871. Not sure if it's like this on console, but the windshield is so dirty on this car you're almost blinded in a couple of corners:scared::lol:

Ace time :bowdown: the windshield and the time of day make it a bit more a challenge. Due to its torque I find it nice to drive.

Could have picked a slightly easier combo to start :lol:

Damn sorry for that. When I made the test drive I thought well she would be great for the first round. V8, torque and a track not to long. :scared:

I'll make up for it in the second round ;) at least with round one there are a few days extra :D

Damn sorry for that. When I made the test drive I thought well she would be great for the first round. V8, torque and a track not to long. :scared:

I'll make up for it in the second round ;) at least with round one there are a few days extra :D
It's not that bad :lol:, just takes a bit more time to find proper braking points with the sun in your eyes :D.

Once I got over the initial learning curve it is indeed a lot of fun 👍

Did some laps last night and managed to do 1:23.808

I went quite wide at ~0:30, looks like it's considered clean in game, but I'm not certain if I would consider it clean?...

Aand I did few laps just now and did a 1:23.709 :odd:

ShelbyVal.png

Controller/no assists/stock setup

I've got a 1:22.225

A beauty and a challenging car, I've used these car settings ...

Code:
[FINAL_RATIO]
VALUE=3

[TYRES]
VALUE=0
[PRESSURE_LF]
VALUE=37

[PRESSURE_RF]
VALUE=37

[PRESSURE_LR]
VALUE=35

[PRESSURE_RR]