Ace Combat 4

• Thread starter Kobayashi
  • 15 comments
Anyone played this game and would suggest it? I've hummed and hawed over it for ever. I kind of forgot about it for awhile then I saw it awhile ago and the price had dropped about $40. I think I'm gonna get it but just checking to see what others think of it.

The game is Awesome. The only Caveat I have is that there are only 18 missions. But as you ramp up the difficulty, and try to get the top rating for each mission the game becomes VERY intense. I've beaten it all the way thru more than five times and I still enjoy it.
If you've found it on the $19.95 rack get it. You won't regret it.

Awesome game. Probably one of the best stories I have heard in a long time that is not an RPG. The 18 missions part sucks, but you get some fierce battles going on. . . Watch out for the Yellows

AC3 for psx was much better than AC3

If the GFX werent so blocky in AC3, it would also look better than AC4, the music is a lot better too (that is if u have a home theater setup) but anyways, i dont mean to put it down, AC4 is a pretty good game..

Ace Combat 04 is one of the best games for Playstation 2. Amazing graphics, incredible music, and a storyline that might bring a tear to your eye. AC4 is that good.

Ace Combat 3 was horriable. The US version was even worse.

Something about the last battle in AC4, wasnt what i was expecting, it was kinda cheesy in a way..unlike AC3 where the final battle gets confusing (kinda like when in your underwater in with no lights, cant tell up from down) I dunno, i thought that was cool..

its really good fun but if your a good gamer it should last you about a week but the 2 player games are also just as fun to play especially when you play chicken :D

Yes I agree, the last mission was suprising to me. Not quite the way I wanted the last mission to go. The storyline did bring a tear to my eye once. It was towards the beginning. One of the best things about this game are the replays. They're awesome.

You won't regret buying this game ! Get it ! The 2-player dogfight mode is pretty neat too . The missions are pretty well designed , and some are very tough ( MAX the difficulty level up !! )

That's an awesome game. I rented it a while ago and beat the easy level in two days. (even then it was moderately difficult). Gran Turismo should get the hard difficulty's AI.

Originally posted by under18carbon
The 2-player dogfight mode is pretty neat too .
Me and my brother went at it in 2 player mode (the brother who spends countless hours on Flight Sim so he's no dummy about flying these things). We could not shoot each other down, and it's not that we suck. The only way anyone ended up dieing was when I lured him near the ground and had him hit a hill while trying to out manouver my missile. I guess we're evenly matched, it was interesting :D

Back