Resource icon

AC's AI whispererMisc  0.85G1 Tetri's version

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tetri
  • 17 comments
  • 1,115 views
Messages
412
France
France
Tetri submitted a new resource:

AC's AI whisperer - Assetto AI tool, Assetto AI tweak, assetto AI app, AC AI, AI

For those that never met Aiwhisp, it's a bloated, overcomplicated and atrocious tool to tweak your AI in Assetto Corsa.


You can adjust the car ai.ini data real time, and save it per track or as a global setting, that would automatically be loaded at start.

There are some cheats for the AI, such as AIgrip, to turn AI's tyres into hot glue and hopefully gain a few seconds in pace.

But mostly, it's now a behavior/extrainputs factory, with a character creation tool to save your frankenstein...

Read more about this resource...
 
Tetri updated AC's AI whisperer with a new update entry:

Fixed the attack on straight behavior

V0.85F1 :
-Fixed the "attack on straights" behavior that got completely broken in previous updates
-increased the sensibility for corner attacks/brake delaying. Might be a little brutal if you tweaked the app with previous versions.
-increased the link between attack on straights/attackbefore corners/diving : the ais should position themselves properly before a corner now.
-decreased the side by side inputs safeties. Despise being very safe, reliable and fun to watch, they were not that fun...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
Tetri updated AC's AI whisperer with a new update entry:

The same, better, fixed and reliable

v0.85G1 :
Finally the PID is properly integrated.

See the update for the MANY fixes that come with this version (which were all fixed in a rush, so i might have created new ones).
Otherwise, this is by far my best attempt so far at making those idiots act like drivers. Not racers yet, but at least they can handle a few corners together and, with the corner inputs, they can be atrociously fast.

The users of real vintage (we're talking 50s here, oil and dust) can finally create ai cars that...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
Hi Tetri
Not sure if anyone else has reported this but I found since installing the latest csp Preview 581 today I kept getting crashes if I had more than about 2 or 3opponents. After looking at the crash log I found that I had to disable the AI Whisperer app and now it's fixed.
Thanks for your work.
 
Hi Tetri
Not sure if anyone else has reported this but I found since installing the latest csp Preview 581 today I kept getting crashes if I had more than about 2 or 3opponents. After looking at the crash log I found that I had to disable the AI Whisperer app and now it's fixed.
Thanks for your work.
Haven't tested the last update yet, but with the grip issues since 0 3+ i didn't bother much and stayed on 2.12.

Thanks for the report, i'll have a look at what 's going on
 
Hi Tetri
Not sure if anyone else has reported this but I found since installing the latest csp Preview 581 today I kept getting crashes if I had more than about 2 or 3opponents. After looking at the crash log I found that I had to disable the AI Whisperer app and now it's fixed.
Thanks for your work.
Erk it's more complicated than expected, the API i use for inputs just crashes CSP. Not something i can fix right now, although i suspect it is CSP related (i mean considering the mess i send thru that lua, it's strange that this one immediatly triggers a crash when isolated).

Anyway, i just think AI sucks so hard past 0.2.11. Random behaviors, random pace... It's really hard to have a proper race against AI lately, or is it just me? Old fastlanes that were wroking perfectly before suddendly adds wrong braking points and strange behaviors around sidelines.

I went back to CSP 0.2.04/07 and it was day and night, even without AIwhisp. Wonder if something got broken lately.
 
Last edited:
Hi. I finally tested your app. I had tried it before, but it was glitchy with the CSP 0.3.xx versions I was using for DLAA anti-aliasing. I tried AIWhisperer 0.85g1 (Tetri's choice) on version 0.3.0_622 and encountered no glitches; I simply selected the "DEFAULT VINTAGE" preset for the Lotus 23, and the AI drivers got faster. They still aren't quite a match for me, but now they can at least put up a fight for a few laps. One question: I saved the "DEFAULT VINTAGE" preset globally for all cars—is there a way to make the app launch automatically with that preset so I don't have to turn it on before every race?
 
Hi. I finally tested your app. I had tried it before, but it was glitchy with the CSP 0.3.xx versions I was using for DLAA anti-aliasing. I tried AIWhisperer 0.85g1 (Tetri's choice) on version 0.3.0_622 and encountered no glitches; I simply selected the "DEFAULT VINTAGE" preset for the Lotus 23, and the AI drivers got faster. They still aren't quite a match for me, but now they can at least put up a fight for a few laps. One question: I saved the "DEFAULT VINTAGE" preset globally for all cars—is there a way to make the app launch automatically with that preset so I don't have to turn it on before every race?
Hmm the saving system was kind of glitchy on 0.85g.

Maybe "save all globally" doesn't affiliate the "Character" to the car properly.

The system now works on the test version (0.86D7, available in the app discussion thread on OT), cause i rewrote it entirely for the characters (and positioning models, which are the next step)

I'll have a look tonight. I wonder if i just left the character savings on the side to prevent people switching tracks and having their cars doing nonsense ? That sounds like something i would do - screwing the global save whole point in the process😂.

Oh and i actually had a Character for the lotus 23 mk. I think it was going 4 secs faster than vanilla AC on any track.

Give me the exact cartype and tracks you're playong, i'll try to give you a proper character for them
 
Last edited:
Hmm the saving system was kind of glitchy on 0.85g.

Maybe "save all globally" doesn't affiliate the "Character" to the car properly.

The system now works on the test version (0.86D7, available in the app discussion thread on OT), cause i rewrote it entirely for the characters (and positioning models, which are the next step)

I'll have a look tonight. I wonder if i just left the character savings on the side to prevent people switching tracks and having their cars doing nonsense ? That sounds like something i would do - screwing the global save whole point in the process😂.

Oh and i actually had a Character for the lotus 23 mk. I think it was going 4 secs faster than vanilla AC on any track.

Give me the exact cartype and tracks you're playong, i'll try to give you a proper character for them
Thanks for the detailed reply, I’ll try to give a detailed one in return. I mainly use the Lotus Type 23 Cosworth Mk XII, occasionally Kunos's vintage cars, and the WSC60 Alpine A211, WSC60 Alpine A210 1500cc, and WSC60 Brabham BT8 - Climax FPF. As for tracks, I use the Kunos Nordschleife, all tracks by Fat-Alfie, Azure Coast 1.1 ( Project CARS port) by the Reboot Team tracks, and LA Canyons. That’s about it. Regarding the settings: perhaps I didn't express myself clearly—or it's a translation issue—but while the "DEFAULT VINTAGE" preset doesn't reset when switching tracks, the app itself doesn't start automatically when a new track loads. In other words, when I load a new track, I have to manually open your app and activate it; I’d like it to activate automatically upon track loading. I hope Google Translate doesn't let me down!
 
Thanks for the detailed reply, I’ll try to give a detailed one in return. I mainly use the Lotus Type 23 Cosworth Mk XII, occasionally Kunos's vintage cars, and the WSC60 Alpine A211, WSC60 Alpine A210 1500cc, and WSC60 Brabham BT8 - Climax FPF. As for tracks, I use the Kunos Nordschleife, all tracks by Fat-Alfie, Azure Coast 1.1 ( Project CARS port) by the Reboot Team tracks, and LA Canyons. That’s about it. Regarding the settings: perhaps I didn't express myself clearly—or it's a translation issue—but while the "DEFAULT VINTAGE" preset doesn't reset when switching tracks, the app itself doesn't start automatically when a new track loads. In other words, when I load a new track, I have to manually open your app and activate it; I’d like it to activate automatically upon track loading. I hope Google Translate doesn't let me down!
Aiwhisp should start by itself on loading - even without the cartab open.

So that's a new one. When you start a race the app shows up with "disable app" checked?

Or you can check the luadebug :

Capture d'écran 2026-09-30 175237.webp




Aiwhisp is pretty expensive, so it's pretty clear when it's running. Otherwise it could be a new CSP check on entry that doesn't start the app, but i haven't noticed yet - and lua apps usually just start at start, so i 'm a bit clueless here.
 
Aiwhisp should start by itself on loading - even without the cartab open.

So that's a new one. When you start a race the app shows up with "disable app" checked?

Or you can check the luadebug :

View attachment 1568301



Aiwhisp is pretty expensive, so it's pretty clear when it's running. Otherwise it could be a new CSP check on entry that doesn't start the app, but i haven't noticed yet - and lua apps usually just start at start, so i 'm a bit clueless here.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something due to the language barrier. After loading the track and opening the app, I see this. (I assumed that in this state, the app isn't active.)
Снимок экрана (43).webp
 
It's already active, even in this state 🙂.

You can check the luadebug (type luadebug in taskbar). If it's not showing 0 ms in "running update", then it is working


The characters, settings in main values and everything else is already running.

however, if the "character" showed when you open the cartab is not "Default Vintage", then the character saving still has to be investigated.
 
Last edited:
So, I'm a troublemaker. :)
I've spent a couple of weeks(months?) running your cars, so you're forgiven.

i'll try to improve a dedicated character for the lotus 23
 
Last edited:
I've spent a couple of weeks(months?) running your cars, so you're forgiven.

i'll try to improve a dedicated character for the lotus 23
Great. And what is the latest version? I see 0.82C in that version's manifest.
 
It's in early dev, hidden there and there. Very different. Also way faster - when it works.


Just try it, if it works better - it's a win!. If it doesn't or just sucks to use, roll back to the previous 0.85.

Each new cartype needs a few laps to collect grip data (with the "dynamic tyrehint"), so just let it roll for 10 mins before judging the pace.

You can also try to increase the tyrehint by +0.03/0.05 in many cases -> faster pace, until it starts crashing.
 
Last edited:
It's in early dev, hidden there and there. Very different. Also way faster - when it works.


Just try it, if it works better - it's a win!. If it doesn't or just sucks to use, roll back to the previous 0.85.

Each new cartype needs a few laps to collect grip data (with the "dynamic tyrehint"), so just let it roll for 10 mins before judging the pace.

You can also try to increase the tyrehint by +0.03/0.05 in many cases -> faster pace, until it starts crashing.
No, the version from the post is glitching on me; some messages keep popping up in the bottom-left corner—they disappear too fast for me to read them, but they mention something about AIWhisperer. I'm going to switch back to the previous version.
 
No, the version from the post is glitching on me; some messages keep popping up in the bottom-left corner—they disappear too fast for me to read them, but they mention something about AIWhisperer. I'm going to switch back to the previous version.
Those are data collection flush and the track data creation at greenlight, as the script just met your config for the first time.
They all disapear after a few mins on a new track- and those are just alerts from CSP to warn you that a lua took 50ms to operate (which coincidently is exactly what it takes to flush the data to your hd).


I believe the new script is miles away, your call anyway - a few optimisations on the road and those pop-ups should disapear.
 
Back