Action Replay in the UK

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jez
  • 3 comments
  • 451 views

Jez

Messages
130
Probably been asked loads but can I buy an AR2 in England?
If so, is this the one you use to make hybrids, get Gold licenses etc.?
If it isn't, what do i need to buy to do that?

And before you say it, yes I know it's cheating but I have nearly completed the game without help. ( and bloody tough it has been too)

I've looked in Electronics Boutique, Game etc. but never seen one and just got blank looks from the staff.
 
im not to sure but i dont think u can do this with that cheat cartridge, i have the action replay for PS1 and all it can do is cheats, i think what you need is the X-Port, ive been looking for one myself and i have not managed to find one yet. It connects your PS2 to your PC through USB.

Rec
 
Howdo once more, fellow White Rose.

The Action Replay carts can indeed be used for all the things you state - and similar cheats in other games. This involves programming a huge list of codes into your cart, then putting the game on. However, this is ALL they can do.

The X-Port V2 is, as that damn Scouser (;)) says, a device for connecting your PS2 to a PC via USB. Using programmes like mk's GT3gEdit facility (download from http://hgt.themaille.com/) you can directly edit your garage - and saved game it appears - on the PC in seconds. I created 27 hybrids in a lull at work of 7 minutes. Try that on an AR2... :D The more important bit of the X-port is that you can BACKUP your saved games (from almost any game, except GTA: Vice City so far) to your PC, meaning you need never buy another memory card again. Or get paranoid that your house may get robbed and they take your PS2 + mem cards...

The BEST place to get the X-port is Play.com http://www.play.com - even better than Datel themselves. These guys have it priced at £17.99 - a 40% saving - with free delivery anywhere in the UK in 3 days.
 
Cheers mucker I'll go have a look there then...
 
Back