Activities and re-play value

• Thread starter JonathanB
  • 6 comments
Sweden
Sweden
Hi
Long time reader, first post..

What do you guys do in GT7?

I like the tracks and cars. I have done all the Menu stuff and medals.

Do you just go in and do the daily races?

I'm a single player person and miss the championship and league menus from older GT games.

"Let's do that league, but with just this car today etc".
GT7 don't present that in an existing way..

Already done everything except collect the most expensive remaining cars, and I'm bored AF.

I hope PD hurries up with content, as it's sorely lacking. We don't even have any events that require more than an A license, so it's obvious more is on the way.

Game was released early for us impatient people, but we're still impatient waiting for GT7 instead of Sport 2.0.

Already done everything except collect the most expensive remaining cars, and I'm bored AF.

I hope PD hurries up with content, as it's sorely lacking. We don't even have any events that require more than an A license, so it's obvious more is on the way.

Game was released early for us impatient people, but we're still impatient waiting for GT7 instead of Sport 2.0.
I want to find the different legues without going in to separate tracks to start.

I guess some sort of "Custom Championship" would be too much to ask for..
Choose a number of tracks and eglible cars. The dependent on how many laps or duration, price money or awards are adjusted.
A long difficult championship should give ~1-2M Credits or so.

Since I unlocked all the circuits, I no longer have to do any more horrible Cafe missions, the cafe can go stick it!

In terms of racing, I tend to do custom endurance racing with vintage cars (low/little downforce) on Daytona, Spa, Le Mans with my own cars I purchased and modified with a T300 RS wheel and manual stick shifter, 6 hours of simcade racing is good physical excersise too!

I would like to get the MK1 Ford GT40, P4/5 Ferrari, Porsche 917K, but I really cannot bring myself to grind out the credits for them with the current in-game economy.

What I did after finishing the game, was tuning different cars and comparing lap times around a specific track (usually Interlagos, or SPA). And that was it, for me this is what GT is all about, I've been doing it since GT3. It lasted for a while, until it got boring due to the reasons that pretty much every thread here complains about. I was surprised that my tuned FC RX-7 was such a track monster!

After completing all cafe menus, finishing 1st place in all races/events and tuning all the cars I want (and then some) I find myself essentially just waiting on the monthly updates for new cars and races, which are usually a huge disappointment and contain 50-60 minutes of new content to complete/acquire. I still log on almost every day and complete 1 race for the roulette ticket, but that’s become less of a motivation for me to play over time as the rewards worth anything are still way too few and far between. Sometimes I go try to get gold in the CE where I only have silver or bronze but that’s not really my cup of tea, bronze is good enough for me. There are some of the 1 hour missions I have yet to complete, but those only get attempted when I’m extremely bored and have time and desire to dedicate to a single race.

The reality of game progression kinda sucks.

I'm nowhere near finished on the events side of things, although i have 200 cars (most untouched) and finished circuit experiences, licences and missions.

Nonetheless I find myself playing a few hours of Sport Mode most days, even though it doesn't satisfy my in-game financial needs, it does scratch the racing itch at least.

Back