Meyer Shank Racing has taken the wraps off the 2023 race livery for its Acura ARX-06 that will contest the new GTP class in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
Previewed on social media on Friday, the LMDh car will carry a split white and pink color design with blue accents, in a change from its predominately pink livery used on the Acura ARX-05 that took the Ohio-based team to the IMSA DPi championship this year.
Tom Blomqvist will return to defend his title in the WeatherTech Championship’s top prototype class and will be joined for the season by Colin Braun.
Helio Castroneves and Simon Pagenaud, who were part of the team’s winning lineup in the Rolex 24 at Daytona, will complete the driving squad once again for the season-opening race.
MSR, along with fellow Acura GTP squad Wayne Taylor Racing, will be in attendance at next week’s IMSA-sanctioned test at Daytona International Speedway.
MSR Reveals Acura ARX-06 GTP Livery – Sportscar365
New color design for Meyer Shank Racing as it moves to Acura's LMDh contender...
• Manufacturer: Acura (HPD)
• Team: Meyer Shank Racing w/ Curb Agajanian
• Series: IMSA SportsCar Championship
• Class: GTP
• Country: Japan (United States)
• Year: 2023
• Type: Racing car
• Division: Gr.1
• Tags: #Le Mans, #Midship, #Hybrid car, #Racing car
• Engine: HPD AR24e 90º V6, Williams Electric Motor (Hybrid)
• Power: 670 HP / --- rpm
• Torque: --- Nm / --- rpm
• Engine location: Mid
• Displacement: 2400 cc
• Construction: Aluminium alloy block and head
• Valvetrain: 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC
• Aspiration: Twin Turbo (T)
• Lubrication: Dry sump
• Fuel feed: Direct Fuel Injection
• 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) Time: Unknown
• Top Speed: Unknown
• Power-to-weight ratio: 0.65 hp/kg
• Layout: MR
• Drive: Rear wheel drive
• Chassis: Carbon-fibre composite and aluminium honeycomb monocoque
• Gearbox: XTrac Paddle Operated 6 speed Semi-Automatic
• Suspension: Double wishbones, push-rod actuated springs and dampers, anti-roll bar
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
• Lenght: 5100 mm
• Width: 2000 mm
• Height: 1060 mm
• Weight: 1030 kg