Acura NSX (2nd Gen) 2016

• Thread starter Razy
  • 10 comments
Sweden
Kingdom of Sweden
This thread is for the production version of the 2nd generation NSX.

000.jpg

The final numbers are in for Acura’s much-awaited (and belated) second generation NSX hybrid supercar.

Honda-owned Acura unveiled the all-new NSX back in January at NAIAS in Detroit, but it’s only now that we find out all the juicy details we’ve been waiting for. At its heart is a purpose-built twin-turbo V6 3.5-liter engine developing 500 bhp (373 kW) and 406 lb-ft (550 Nm) of torque and with a 7,500 rpm redline. Sitting behind the combustion engine is a rear assist motor good enough for an extra 47 bhp (35 kW) and 100 lb-ft (135 Nm) while behind that is the dual-clutch 9-speed gearbox.

000.jpg

A pair of 36 bhp & 54 lb-ft electric motors (Twin Motor Unit - TMU) sits in between the front wheels and works with the lithium-ion battery pack wedged between the engine and seats. With a combined output of 573 bhp (427 kW) and 476 lb-ft (644 Nm), the Acura NSX sprints to 60 mph (96 km/h) in approximately three seconds and has a top speed of 191 mph (307 km/h). It tips the scales at a rather hefty 3,803 lbs (1,725 kg), but given the performances of the sophisticated SH-AWD setup this should still feel like a properly quick machine. For the sake of comparison, a standard R8 V10 Coupe weighs 3,593 lbs (1,630 kg).

000.jpg

It’s set to go on sale next spring as a 2017 model year, but there’s still no exact word about its price tag just yet. However, it’s estimated to start at around $170,000 before you add any optional equipment such as a carbon fiber roof, engine cover, rear spoiler or a tech package featuring a premium sound system and navigation.

000.jpg

Original text taken from here: http://www.motor1.com/news/59282/2017-acura-nsx-has-573-bhp-476-lb-ft-and-weighs-3-803-lbs/

Power: 573 hp
Torque: 644 Nm
Weight: 1725 Kg

...That black one's cool, but then that blue one is superb. I think a brighter hue will suit this car well.

I can imagine this in red, or Lambo-esque yellow. Goosebumps...

I don't think there's much of a question about this machine showing up in GT7 at all given how much PD has been promoting it with Honda since the concept cars.

I don't think there's much of a question about this machine showing up in GT7 at all given how much PD has been promoting it with Honda since the concept cars.

Completely agree there, and my bet is that, like the C7 Corvette is on GT6 - it will be one of the fastest road cars in the game...

This is how it should have ended up looking.

nsx-reinterpretted.jpg

Hopefully some bodykit company will turn this into a reality in the future.
Maybe, but it's just the front fascia that gets me worked up. It's less 90's-age Honda, and more pretentious-and-ugly Acura.

Back