Acura NSX Lm Race Car badging?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed that the Acura NSX LM Racecar has lost its Honda sticker on the front bumper? The NSX RM race car from GT5 had the correct logo, but it seems to have gone missing. Any way to get it back? It's starting to bother me lol! :banghead:
GT5:
1991_acura_nsx_rm__gran_turismo_5__by_vertualissimo-d536oas.jpg

GT6:
maxresdefault.jpg

Wait, the Acura lost the correct (Honda) logo?

Sarcasm aside, I expected PD to have some consistency. The car on which it was based did have a Honda logo after all. Or at least put an Acura logo on there, it looks too plain without it

On the topic of consistency. (I'm new to the series as of GT6 so this has only recently come to my attention) Was it referred to as the Acura NSX LM Race Car in GT5? I'm under the impression it was not. So seeing as the name changed, doesn't it stand to reason that the car itself might also change to some extent?

On the topic of consistency. (I'm new to the series as of GT6 so this has only recently come to my attention) Was it referred to as the Acura NSX LM Race Car in GT5? I'm under the impression it was not. So seeing as the name changed, doesn't it stand to reason that the car itself might also change to some extent?
The car was referred to as '91 Acura NSX RM. It was an Acura in GT5, still is an Acura in GT6. Maybe some licensing issues arose that didn't let PD label an Acura a Honda. But if that was the case, they could have moved the NSX Lm into the Honda dealership!

I struggle to see how there can be a correct or incorrect way to do it when this car is not officially based on a specific race car. PD could put their own logo on it or even badge it as a Ferrari, although that second option would obviously carry a (probably very high) risk of getting sued.

I struggle to see how there can be a correct or incorrect way to do it when this car is not officially based on a specific race car. PD could put their own logo on it or even badge it as a Ferrari, although that second option would obviously carry a (probably very high) risk of getting sued.
Umm, wrong! It's based on the NSX GT2. Do some research bucko. So yes, there is a correct way to badge the car.
TeamKunimitsu.jpg

It's something so trivial. People latch onto the smallest perceived imperfections. I mean, is anyone playing the game not going to know what the dang thing is?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-whining-and-crying-thread.282208/
Don't tell me what is trivial and what isn't. This game is all about the detail, so don't be surprised when people criticize detail, or lack thereof. My question was legitimate. I thought perhaps it was an overlooked detail. W/e, someone close this thread, I got some pointless replies. Instead of getting my question answered, I'm being responded to by some facetious tw@s :lol:

Umm, wrong! It's based on the NSX GT2. Do some research bucko.

My research tells me that the car is labeled in game and on all marketing materials as a "1991 Acura NSX LM Race Car" (which is a car that did not exist) rather than a "1995 Honda NSX GT2", so where does the "correct" way to model a completely unofficial partial recreation of a race car come into play?

Is the "2001 Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car", which is very blatantly designed to emulate the 1995 NSX GT1 Turbo on the restyled NSX body, similarly "incorrect"?

My research tells me that the car is labeled in game and on all marketing materials as a "1991 Acura NSX LM Race Car" (which is a car that did not exist) rather than a "1995 Honda NSX GT2", so where does the "correct" way to model a completely unofficial partial recreation of a race car come into play?

Is the "2001 Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car", which is very blatantly designed to emulate the 1995 NSX GT1 Turbo on the restyled NSX body, similarly "incorrect"?

PD can name the car whatever the hell they want, but that is not the conversation I want to have in this thread. Logically speaking, if they model X car to look like Y car, is it unreasonable to expect that X car will have details of Y car? Obviously PD agrees with me because the GT5 NSX RM (NSX LM ) had the logo in question, but neglected it this time around. I fear this thread is on the verge of being derailed. Mods, please close

Logically speaking, if they model X car to look like Y car, is it unreasonable to expect that X car will have details of Y car?
Logically speaking, when they unofficially model car X to look like car Y (as noted by not sharing almost any of the livery, having a completely different name and manufacturer and the details of the actual body not being entirely the same), it is indeed unreasonable to expect that it will have all of the same details of the real life cars. This really is not news, since the sneaky way of not really including iconic race cars but very close facsimiles of them has happened in literally every game in the series that has had fictional race cars in it:
Jaguar-XJ220_C_TWR_mp25_pic_14731.jpg

PSOGL2_018.jpg

CDD794D07566602E578151AED0CCC0FE.jpg

Instead of getting my question answered, I'm being responded to by some facetious tw@s :lol:
I fear this thread is on the verge of being derailed. Mods, please close
:lol:

It's not anyone else's fault but your own that you believed a car described in game as being fictional was such a perfect recreation of a real life car that it was beholden to modeling innocuous and arbitrary details of said car.

Last edited:
It's a fake car. It's not supposed to be identical to the real car it's similar to.

Read the description, it states that it's a creation by Polyphony and is followed by the description for the car it's based on.
I'm being responded to by some facetious tw@s
Read the Acceptable Use Policy, I recall seeing something in there regarding the use of profanity. (I'm thinking using symbols to circumvent a language filter or guideline is still profanity.)
Mods, please close
Finally, some logic!

Last edited:
Logically speaking, when they unofficially model car X to look like car Y (as noted by not sharing almost any of the livery, having a completely different name and manufacturer and the details of the actual body not being entirely the same), it is indeed unreasonable to expect that it will have all of the same details of the real life cars. This really is not news, since the sneaky way of not really including iconic race cars but very close facsimiles of them has happened in literally every game in the series that has had fictional race cars in it

It's not anyone else's fault but your own that you believed a car described in game as being fictional was such a perfect recreation of a real life car that it was beholden to modeling innocuous and arbitrary details of said car.

Finally a compelling post. It appears that PD isn't all that consistent with the livery they put on these "fictional" cars. It seems to vary game to game. Thanks, that's really all I needed to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back