Acura NSX Production Concept NAIAS 2015

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 23 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage suggests automobile gems to be included in the Gran Turismo Series.
The American Acura NSX which is ready for production in 2016.

2ew2q20.jpg

After a rather lengthy development process, Acura has finally unveiled the production-ready NSX.

The second generation Acura NSX draws most of its styling cues from previous concept but everything else has changed as Acura has decided to ditch the naturally aspirated V6 of the 2013 concept in favor of a longitudinally-mounted twin-turbocharged V6 developing “north of 550 horsepower.” The conventional engine works together with three electric motors sending all power to both axles to form what Acura calls the Sport Hybrid Super Handling All-Wheel Drive.

Two of the electric motors are mounted up front for torque vectoring while the third direct-drive motor sits at the back between the combustion engine and the newly developed dual clutch nine-speed gearbox. The Acura NSX sits on 19-inch front & 20-inch rear wheels shod in 245/35Z R19 front and 295/30Z R20 rear tires and stops efficiently thanks to six-piston front & four-piston rear calipers coupled to carbon ceramic brake discs.

Compared to the 2013 concept, the production-ready NSX has grown in length by 1.8 inches to 176 inches (4470mm); in width by 5.1 inches to 76.4 inches (1940mm); in height by 1.8 inches to 47.8 inches (1215mm) while the wheelbase is now 0.8 inches longer at 103.5 inches (2630mm).

The production-ready Acura NSX comes with a dial-operated Integrated Dynamic System with Quiet, Sport, Sport+ and Track modes which depending on choice adjust the settings of the engine, electric motors, gearbox and chassis, as well as the engine sound level. There’s also a launch function which uses the combustion engine and all three electric motors for a “zero delay” launch performance.

Full technical specifications and performance details are (still) not available at this point while pricing is estimated to kick off at $150,000.

Press Release by Acura

lbrl2.jpg

znn7f4.jpg

qxt7j9.jpg

2lww11k.jpg

2na87x0.jpg

THE OTHER ACURAs are HERE:

Last edited:
The Japanese Acura NSX which is ready for production in 2016.
Honda press release
The company will begin accepting custom orders for the new NSX starting in the summer, with customer deliveries expected later in the year.
And in any case, this isn't the production car, it's a motor show concept of a production ready car.

I'd also take issue with the "Japanese" part. The Acura NSX has been developed and will be built in the USA.

And in any case, this isn't the production car, it's a motor show concept of a production ready car.

I'd also take issue with the "Japanese" part. The Acura NSX has been developed and will be built in the USA.

I agree ... and of course Acura in the American version of the Honda NSX. :banghead:
Thanks for the heads up, very appreciated.
👍

Chevrolet's C7 Corvette and Nissan's R35 GT-R had both concept and production-ready versions put in the games, so why not have PD do the same for the new Honda/Acura NSX.
This is one that is guaranteed a spot in GT. People can then truly witness the progress between concept and production not only by visuals but in how the car feels on the road.

So the question for everyone is..."Are You Ready!!" for the new NSX?

...........Don't tell me; it was Top Gear again, wasn't it - they weren't content enough destroying a Furai, so they destroyed a NSX too. Man those guys never learn....:lol:

No it wasn't Top Gear funnily enough. It was Acura's official test drivers :D

I'm going to predict that the tuneable production version of the new NSX will be one of the fastest and most competitive street cars on GT7, much in the same way as the C7 Corvette has been on GT6.

My eyes hurt, by looking at an Acura (legally, a Honda) so horrible, I curse the designer who sculpted this... BLASPHEMY!

Latest Posts

Back