ADAC 2 Hours of Nurburgring - July 27th 2022 - FINISHED

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 32 comments
Was pretty fun!

About headlights though, I never didn't have them on! Even after the one crash that could've / should've put them out of action, the lights were working, so it must've registered on your game as they'd been broken but on mine (maybe to make sure the players don't have to retire due to blindness) they kept on working. Same thing the other way around though, throughout the last couple of laps, where we weren't more than 3-4 seconds apart, I couldn't see your headlights at all, so the same must've happened to you.

Anyway, I did make a lot of mistakes towards the end, both by tiredness I guess, and by constantly forgetting about those killer puddles spread around the track, but my race was pretty fun! I started towards the back, made a mistake in lap one and spun around, which got me dead last behind the GT4s! Then climbed my way on the end of lap 2 to somewhere around 7th or 6th, can't remember and since my father, the nurb meister hadn't pitted, I reckoned I'd do the same. I actually thought about it long and hard in those 10 seconds, because the weather was foggy, the track wasn't too hot and water could accumulate quite quickly, but still, not pitting proved to be the right call and the overcut was very powerful, allowing the both of us to move through to the top without having to do a lot of overtaking work.

From then on was cat and mouse and then mouse and cat to the end! Very cool!

The highlight of my race though, starting at the 1:34.40, was when I got by to 1st place in a very bold dive down the inside. As Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius once said, probably, profetically, talking about this overtake, "It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.", and in that moment, I decided to live very intensely :scared:

Already waiting for the next one! Cheers all!

From then on was cat and mouse and then mouse and cat to the end!
Funnily enough my race also featured cats. Quite highly in fact. :)

I was doing okay, cruising along with a general plan for fuel usage and tyres. But then the cat woke up then came and began pestering me for attention and food. This caused a few off track moments as I was trying to put some biscuits down while driving. After that the same cat shortly returned, jumped up on the table and started eating the biscuits out of the bag I'd accidentally knocked over in the previous incident. More visits to the grass. And then the phone rang. I managed to get back to the pits and let the AI take over while I rang back. It was the nextdoor neighbor asking me if I wanted some cat food that her's wouldn't eat!

During all these interruptions I kept forgetting to reset the amount of fuel added during the pitstop. The car still had 80 litres left at he end. The AI had also managed to ruin a set of softs tyres, so I had to fit some more. I was then a long way behind any other car when I took over again. I'd sort of given up by that point.

Luckily there was not any mice involved. Although that has been known in the past!

Oh and I really need a more comfortable seat.

Back