Adaptive Time Trial Ghosts

United Kingdom
Liverpool
CountyRoadKopite
Apologies if this has been posted before but I've searched for something of a similar nature and can't find anything.

While I'm not the best at time trials, I do find the ghost helpful in bettering my lap times; but on the odd occasion I've found that if I've started a lap particularly well on the first couple of corners and I can't match it on my next run then the ghost is well ahead and I've got no reference point to learn the corners that follow.

I was wondering if it would be possible to include a feature where you could switch your ghost to reset at each checkpoint so that it's level again and you've got a live reference point with which you can improve your lines, etc.

Please note - I don't mean this to replace the conventional ghost system - but an additional option you can turn on/off. The existing ghost system works very well the vast majority of the time, and I understand why, but there is the odd occasion where I've aced the first two corners and the rest of the course is spent chasing a ghost and not learning anything from it. And also, please don't judge me on my gaming ability - we're not all perfect on this game.

Yes I agree, a good idea. Watching the ghost(s) disappearing is disheartening and trying to catch it up usually results in a crash!

Combining it with some sort of variation of the suggestion below would be even better.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ghost-line-update.310515/

Seeing at which point you (they) braked and accelerated would possibly help increase your pace.

As usual - the more options the better.

Hmm...interesting idea.Yet again the idea has a flaw.I understand the need for it.Like making a lap on a Nurburgring.
But it is a vital lesson for any GT gamer.If you do get slower during the drive, and you restart the ghost, you are still making a slow lap because of the mistake earlier.

Hmm...interesting idea.Yet again the idea has a flaw.I understand the need for it.Like making a lap on a Nurburgring.
But it is a vital lesson for any GT gamer.If you do get slower during the drive, and you restart the ghost, you are still making a slow lap because of the mistake earlier.

It's not intended to make your lap any faster. The goal of this suggestion is to improve the opportunity for a great learning experience.

So for example, if a mistake is made in segment 1 of the 'Ring, the ghost starts segment 2 with you, and you learn from that ghost in segment2. And all subsequent segments. Or at least the segments in which you don't make serious errors.

It's about learning, not statistics.

The issue I have is that the existing ghost function ceases to be a feature that either coaches or helps to improve your lap time if you somehow ace the first corner and you can't replicate it again. With a ghost that rejoins you at the start of the next segment you could claw back some of the lost time by having that live reference point again. And once you've learned from your mistakes on each corner you could switch it back to a full lap with no resetting and test your skills again with a little more feedback from the game.

Thanks for the comments so far. I appreciate it isn't for everyone - we all play the game differently and I just thought it would be something that I'd benefit from and wanted to see if anyone felt the same way.

I don't know, i guess i like to learn the track the old way, just drive and that's it.

Well, if you never use a tool, and plan to continue to not use it, there's not much point in commenting on a refinement of said tool.

Latest Posts

Back