- 1,092

- Pierrefonds (Montreal), QC
- pilmat
- pilmat
Loving the VR2, but wanted a screen for my rig too. The thinking was that if I can mount a curved screen close enough, the immersion will be enough and get the extra race info (plus Horizon becomes a possibility…).
With some guesstimating, I figured a curved 32” mounted as close to my wheel as possible might get me there.
A tall post single screen mount, a Samsung G5, a bit of drilling and a couple of 3D printed parts, voila!, it’s actually quite awesome, lol.
My eye level is slightly below screen center, but this puts my direct line of sight right at track level in bumper cam.
(and yes, I’ll do a major wiring clean up, lol)
Initial driving and racing has been as good or better than VR2. Really impressed and happy with this, hence the joy to share!
With some guesstimating, I figured a curved 32” mounted as close to my wheel as possible might get me there.
A tall post single screen mount, a Samsung G5, a bit of drilling and a couple of 3D printed parts, voila!, it’s actually quite awesome, lol.
My eye level is slightly below screen center, but this puts my direct line of sight right at track level in bumper cam.
(and yes, I’ll do a major wiring clean up, lol)
Initial driving and racing has been as good or better than VR2. Really impressed and happy with this, hence the joy to share!