Adios Amigos

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by 250ZipRotax, Feb 14, 2020.

1. 250ZipRotax

250ZipRotax

Well, I gave it the good old college try...Hoped to be able to race on GTS and have a good time but to no avail. Been here and gone three times over the life of this sim hoping that these idiots learn to race and that the powers that be fix this penalty system. I’m tired of being hit, punted, door banged and paying 5 to 7 sec penalties for someone else’s screw ups. I turned GTS off for the last time tonight and I’m going to another series where people race not play some variation of a war game. It’s a sad deal. I enjoyed the simplicity of the game and sometimes had some good races with some serious racers. Thank you to those guys for the enjoyable races we did have. But I guess you get what you pay for and I’m going to have to cough up the dough to race with some serious dudes and leave the low cost GTS thing to the idiots. Hope to see the guys I’ll miss over at iRacing.
    Adios!

dlshearon, ROCKET JOE, VBR and 2 others like this.
  2. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Why do people make posts like this?

3. Canucks_9419

Canucks_9419

8/10 of the posts I see in the GTS Facebook group are exactly like this. That or are a video of an incident that could have been easily avoided.

Also apologies for double post

NoonenF1, Ddkklop, dlshearon and 3 others like this.
  4. TJC_69

TJC_69

Your profile says you're 67 years old. Not that that is an issue. I just didn't expect an attention seeking thread from someone of that high age.

5. Guffaluff

Guffaluff

Ugh yeah, gave up on the FB group, so much toxicity. So many hotshots ******** on other people and just too much overall nonsense.

Good ole GTPlanet is the only Gran Turismo community needed.

6. jyri

jyri

Having hopes that this game gets fixed?

I feel pretty much the same way, and haven't played for some time now. Been lurking here in hopes that PD does something that makes me want to ome back to race online.

7. AngryKowski

AngryKowski

I suggest you to go to Forza Motorsport or Horizon, that's where I came from. I was sick by these clean racers with legendary fair battles, so I went to GT Sport to ram everybody and give everyone penalties muhhahah

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  8. VBR

VBR Premium

No drama detected. Just sounds like he wanted to give some feedback on the game before he left, which is fair enough IMHO. However, the way people negatively react to threads like this does make me wonder why they do so...

MOPARbarrett5 and ROCKET JOE like this.
  9. George Jakob

George Jakob

Well this post was more than just "Penalty's bad " "Game should by fixed" posts . And lets be honest should PD be blamed all the way ?i mean at the end of the day with or without penalty's you can't teach :censored: if OP wanted to race cleanly there are ways to do it (Lobby's , non toxic groups etc) . And besides all that even if you feel this way public announcements of the "Im angry so im leaving urrgghh :grumpy: " type are not the way to go . I have barely anything to do because a bug dosen't allow me to enter races since 2018 and even if i had the money i woulden't pay PS+ to check if they fixed it. Did i make a post like that because of it? @R1600Turbo is 100% right here.

10. gtpierre

gtpierre

Exactly. I had less and less time to play and no willingness to be punted every turn so I just quit the sport mode and I joined ARC. OP should do the same if he likes GT sport instead of writing this.

As others have said, many have done this kind of post in the past, and it's clear that PD doesn't care about your/out experience in the sport mode, so why bother with the attention seeking rant ?

George Jakob likes this.
  11. George Jakob

George Jakob

I woulden't say that they don't care because Sport mode thats the point of that game existing to begin with . I think it has more to do with what i said above "Penalty's or no penalty's you can't teach :censored: " .

12. ROCKET JOE

ROCKET JOE

GL wherever you go ! Feel free to drop by again - it'll be the same planet after all :) ...

Because there's sort of a culture of saying good-bye ? Because if you've spent a bit of time with a community, you don't just disappear in the night but let them know what is going to happen ?
    I don't know ! ... and why is it that I don't feel addressed by words like "idiot" :odd: ?

VBR and MOPARbarrett5 like this.