Adjust the Gears

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZZ-II
  • 6 comments
  • 1,301 views
Messages
723
Germany
Germany
Hey everyone,

i've a small question to you. My Problem is, i buyed the full adjustable Gear Box already 2 times ( for Lamborghini Murcielago LP670 Chrome Line and my Bugatti Veyron ). but i only can Adjust the Max. Speed :(. does anyone know why?

the 2nd problem: when i adjust the max. speed in the Gear-Box to 380 kph, ( Bugatti for example ) the car only reaches arround 330 kph. I really don't get why :(

i hope anyone can help me :)
 
Some cars have an absolute max speed that they bomb out at whatever the gearing is. You might have a car that is geared to go 300kph but it can only physically reach 280kph so your wasting 20kph of speed with your gearing. Better to lower the gearing and have better acceleration than to gear it to a speed your car can never reach.
 
Some cars have an absolute max speed that they bomb out at whatever the gearing is. You might have a car that is geared to go 300kph but it can only physically reach 280kph so your wasting 20kph of speed with your gearing. Better to lower the gearing and have better acceleration than to gear it to a speed your car can never reach.

ehm, let me explain better. the Problem are the rpm.

i adjust the speed to 350, but at 330 the bugatti has already 7500 rpm...so it is in the red area already, no way to reach 350. when i adjust the speed to 440 kph the bugatti reaches 410 kph, with the difference that at 410 kph it has reached its physical limit with my current settings.

in the Prologue version the relation from speed to rpm was correct.
 
I can't change my individual ratios either, but I can see the selection boxes are grayed out. I imagine that it's "unlocked" after a certain level, like a lot of other features are, my best guess.

I can set my top speed to 400MPH gearing-wise but it doesn't mean my car will get to 400MPH, there are other limiting factors like engine power and wind resistance. 330kph is the Bugatti's top speed given it's power output
 
I can set my top speed to 400MPH gearing-wise but it doesn't mean my car will get to 400MPH, there are other limiting factors like engine power and wind resistance. 330kph is the Bugatti's top speed given it's power output

i know what you mean, but that's not the problem i meant :)
 
I can't change my individual ratios either, but I can see the selection boxes are grayed out. I imagine that it's "unlocked" after a certain level, like a lot of other features are, my best guess.

same here,... can anyone confirm that it has to be unlocked???
 
I have noticed that the top speed adjustment is close on some cars and off by 30-40 mph on others. I set my 67 Cougar to somewhere around 210 hoping to get 175mph and I guess it was a lucky guess becauase the car topped out at 176 just shy of the rev limiter.
 
Back