AdrenaTune - Max Gr3 Tunes

• Thread starter Adrenaline
  • 16 comments
United States
California
PumpinNumbies
AdrenaTune

All tunes are maxed out on Racing Softs, unless stated otherwise.

Please understand that I will only be tuning a very limited amount of cars mainly of the Gr3 class.

1: Transmission Final Drive
For the time being in GT7, after about 2 hours at the drag strip in Missions, I don't think there is much value in min/maxing gears.
Autosets were regularly resulting in the fastest 0-1000 times on track.
Flips no longer work effectively like they did in Sport and 5.
I have found a pattern with medium-low Final gears, between 2.500 and 3.000, as they seem to limit rev bounce between shifts.
For the majority of Gr3 cars, a 1st gear of ~120km/hr will get you off the line the best. +/- a couple kmph based on car and tune.
A max speed of 335 km/hr will work for 90% of tracks.
From there, I've been splitting my gears roughly as such:
1: 120km
2: 170km (+50)
3: 215km (+45)
4: 260km (+45)
5: 300km (+40)
6: 335km (+35)

2: Quick Fix: Ballast
The GT7 ballast function allows you to move 'the system' without adding weight to the car.
So, if you want to modify the tune, by adding oversteer or understeer, this is a quick and easy way to do it.
-50 is to the front of the car and will add understeer / Tight condition.
+50 is to the rear of the car and will add oversteer / Loose condition.
You can move it anywhere in between to fine tune the feel, that best suits your needs and style.

3: Brake Balance
I tune without any branke balance, and only use this if the car has a noticeable balance issue under hard braking. Otherwise, I only use brake balance to help balance tire wear for races with degradation on.

4: LSD
Below is my explanation of how the LSD system works in GT7.
Initial:
Effects the cars stability throughout the entire turning process. Think of 5 as an open diff and 60 as a locker.
High Initial, usually means more understeer, better forward bite.
Lower Initial, usually means more agility, less acceleration.
*Use the highest Initial Setting possible, without experiencing understeer.

Acceleration:
Effects the car under acceleration while exiting a corner and distributes the power between the inside and outside tires.
High Accel, usually means more outside tire spin.
Lower Accel, usually means more inside tire spin.
*Use the highest Accel Setting possible, without experiencing excessive outside wheel spin.

For longer races with tire wear, I recommend using lower numbers to prevent exaggerated wheel spin under low grip conditions experienced when tire life is lower.

DeAcceleration
Effects the car while braking, coasting, and entering turns.
Higher DeAccel, usually means more understeer on corner entry & coasting through the center.
Lower DeAccel, usually means better agility, but less stability, potential oversteer on entry.
*Use the lowest number possible, where you can safely drive-in as hard as you like, without losing control, or experiencing oversteer.

Final thoughts:
Increasing or Lowering the Initial has a partial connection with Accel & DeAccel settings.
Since raising the Initial creates more 'lock' it will effect the balance of the Accel & DeAccel that you may have already tuned.
Another noteworthy aspect, is that many, MANY, different variables will effect your LSD balance. Including but not limited to:
Transmission Gearing, Downforce, Ride Height, Spring Rates, Brake Balance and so on.
So keep that in mind, when making other adjustments, that LSD balance may have been compromised.

Other Tuning:
Camber, Toe, Sways. Future updates.

Last edited:
Current Hierarchy of Gr3 cars.
This is just my opinion based on my tests, and I will fill this out as I obtain and tune more Gr3s. (21/43)

Tier 0: The new BRZ is by far, without a doubt, the most dominant car. It has more power, more downforce, and a similar wieght advantage as Tier2.
1: Subaru BRZ

Tier 1: These 3 cars are in a class of their own, due to older regulations, they have a 3-400lb weight advantage over every other Gr3 car, except the Supra.

2: Ford GT Spec Car
3: Aston Martin DBR9
4: Nissan GT-R (Penzoil)

Tier 2: Top tier of the cars you can expect to be the fastest pretty much everywhere. (Outside of T1)
2: Citroen GT
3: Dodge Viper
4: Ferrari 458
5: R8 Evo
6: Porsche
7: Lamborghini
8: Corvette
9: Supra

Tier 3: Solid cars, but simply lack the pace of T2.
10: BMW M3
11: Genesis
12: FT-1

Tier 4: Decent, but would require a lot of work just to be equal to T3.
13: Volkswagen Beetle
14: Renault RS01
15: Puegot RCZ
16: McLaren 650S
17: Jaguar F Type
18: Puegot VGT
19: Mazda RX-V

Tier 5: Seem like a lost cause.
20: Ford GT '18
21: Acura NSX

Tier 6: Not even worth buying.
22: Alfa Romeo 4C
23: Nissan GT-R

Currently testing:
Aston Martin DBR12

Cars on my short list to buy and test/tune next:
DBR9
Ford GT Test Car

Last edited:
Daily Race C with Racing Hards and Weight Limit
LamboTop.png

Last edited:
Lamborghini Huracan Gr3 Tune Setup Settings Gran Turismo 7 GT7

I've been using Deep Forest for a lot of tuning lately as it has some nice elevation changes, esses, a solid straight, and a tight hairpin. I've found these tunes to transfer well to a handful of tracks, but longer flatter courses require their own tune in my opinion.
LamboMax.png

Last edited:
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr3 Tune Setup Settings Gran Turismo 7 GT7
Will also run 1.44s at Trial Mountain. More tuning and lap times will come soon, trying to get a baseline going for people.
Corvette.png

Last edited:
Jaguar F-Type Gr3

I spent about an hour with this car, I got it to a decent point, but it really feels like it lacks the pace to be competitive with the 2nd tier of Gr3 cars and I moved on. Here is where I ended up before I parked it.

Jaguar.png

I just wanted to say thank you for the Corvette set up. I am having a blast using it for the Sardegna WTC 800 race. The car is fantastic to drive and on Normal difficulty the race can go either way for me. Plus the prize money is really good.

Thank you for the tuning tips. They have set me on the right track to find the right settings for all the different models of cars.
I found that similar settings work on similar style cars. For example, your settings for the Dodge Viper SRT GT3 '15 can be applied to the Mercedes-AMG GT3 '16. The Mercedes-AMG GT3 does not have the best top speed, other than that it is amazing with the Viper's settings. Same goes for the Ford GT Race Car '18. The Ford GT with similar settings to your settings on the R8 LMS Evo '19 make the Ford GT Race Car very drivable.

Really appreciate the explanation mate. The set ups will certainly help. Looking forward to seeing the Supra. I seem to be struggling with it since the latest update.

Really appreciate the explanation mate. The set ups will certainly help. Looking forward to seeing the Supra. I seem to be struggling with it since the latest update.

If you are struggling with the Supra, use similar settings to the Jaguar F-Type shown above.

Latest Posts

Back