Advance Networking Help Needed

Hello GTP users.
I have a question that is really messing me up with an upgrade I am doing.

Simple question. I need to make it to the point where whoever logs onto my network with either Wireless or a Wired connection goes to a certain web page when they open up their Internet Explorer or Firefox browser. Ex. If I connect to my password protected wireless network through a wireless access point I want to be redirected to a certain web page I have created and then from there the user must read the Terms and Conditions and then agree to them and click accept and then the user can use the internet as they wish.

Sounds simple but I'm just lost! :( I am assuming you need to do this VIA external Hardware connected to the switch and modem???

Also my setup is a Commercial Grade Comcast based Cable Modem. I have currently (3) 48 port switches which connect to a bunch of patch panels. Also from the switchs I will be connecting about 6-7 wireless Access Points.
Please let me know if anyone needs more infomation to help me out, and this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys.

*EDIT*
I forgot to mention, I spoke to one of my Tech Engineer friend I know of that works for the County and he suggested I use a Proxy Server. Do you guys think this will be a good idea or is there another way of doing this? I want to try out other ways out as well, but whichever is easier.

Keep in mind that I have no idea what I'm talking about, but is this what you are looking for? The last time I stayed at a hotel they had this for registering and logging in for internet access, I just don't know the background behind it.

*EDIT* Sorry I accidently reported the post TB made instead of pressing quote please disregard that. Thanks.

TB
Keep in mind that I have no idea what I'm talking about, but is this what you are looking for? The last time I stayed at a hotel they had this for registering and logging in for internet access, I just don't know the background behind it.

Yup that simlar to what I am looking for. But I think that is for redirecting one website to another.
I just skimmed it so I might be wrong, I'll read through it tonight though and thanks alot for the response man. I still need help tough, I heard a Proxy server is the easiest way to do this but I need information on how to set this up, also I heard that Gentoo based linux was good for the application but I'm not really sure. Thanks for the help and keep the comments coming! :D

Hehe, coincidentally I was looking into such a thing a few days ago.

I didn't read into it very far, but if you're planning on just using the switch/router/hub/whatever, you've gotta be prepared to mess around with the firmware. There's various companies offering to do everything for you short of plugging the thing in to the wall, or you can download their firmware and install it on the router yourself. And you've got to have a compatible router, of course.

Here's just a couple I found on google.

http://www.2hotspot.com/
http://www.hotspotsystem.com/

I personally liked the look of the 2nd one, but it's up to you. Just google something along the lines of "create your own wireless hot spot".

Hehe, coincidentally I was looking into such a thing a few days ago.

I didn't read into it very far, but if you're planning on just using the switch/router/hub/whatever, you've gotta be prepared to mess around with the firmware. There's various companies offering to do everything for you short of plugging the thing in to the wall, or you can download their firmware and install it on the router yourself. And you've got to have a compatible router, of course.

Here's just a couple I found on google.

http://www.2hotspot.com/
http://www.hotspotsystem.com/

I personally liked the look of the 2nd one, but it's up to you. Just google something along the lines of "create your own wireless hot spot".

I checked out the second one and they charge a 50 bucks monthly fee for like 600 vouchers and I am sure I will need more that that many vouchers so that is not feesiable. Also the first site did not seem to have much information and I called them like 10 times but no one picks up. Thanks for the help though man. Also the thing is I need this same thing for wired networks as well as wireless so I think those programs are not usable. But I have emailed Tech support of the second site in regards to this. I guess I really do need that proxy server than? Anyways now that I think I know what I need I just need to know how to set up a proxy server! :(

Back