Advice - feedback - XBOX ONEXBOne 

Australia
AUSTRALIA
ENERGIYA--V2
Hi all, I'm asking is the XBOX ONE worth getting, I never had an xbox yet, so I'm entering new territory. I currently have PS3/PS4/PS VITA

I'm wanting to expand my gaming experience to XBOX with games that don't turn up on Playstation.

I'm asking for your thoughts on the console, good or bad

My game options I'm thinking of was RYSE or FORZA 5

Hi all, I'm asking is the XBOX ONE worth getting, I never had an xbox yet, so I'm entering new territory. I currently have PS3/PS4/PS VITA

I'm wanting to expand my gaming experience to XBOX with games that don't turn up on Playstation.

I'm asking for your thoughts on the console, good or bad

My game options I'm thinking of was RYSE or FORZA 5

Probably a good idea to ask in this thread. A few GTP members own an Xbone and should be able to offer their opinions and share their experiences. Forza looks pretty good. However, they went down the quality over quantity route, so you may be disappointed about certain cars/tracks being missing. RYSE was panned by the critics, so it may be worth waiting until it hits the bargain bins unless you really have to play it.

There have been several rumours regarding new SKUs and a potential price cut at the end of the year. Nothing confirmed as of yet, but you may want to hold off for a while and see if the price drops. At the very least, there may be some good bundles in a few months.

The Xbox One appears to have gone the route of the media centre over a pure games console much like with the PS3 and it does look like an attractive piece of kit but the price is a little high considering its less powerful than the PS4 so I would wait a while to see what happens.

The Xbox One is a great continuation of the 360 experience, so if you never owned one you might not see what the fuss is about. I got mine early because of Forza. If it hadn't have come out as a launch game I'd have happily waited and carried on with my 360. Forza is really good fun, though.

Most of the reviews of Ryse say that its one of the best looking games available today, and it's also one of the most boring... so it didn't rate too highly. Forza on the other hand has been really loved aside from the slight shortage of content and inclusion of microtransactions.

How about getting a gaming PC (assuming you don't already) to explore the PC exclusives?

Ryse is pretty repetitive, probably why I've not played it since the day I bought it. I don't hate it, but it's not got the same draw as Forza and Fifa. Really regret getting it instead of NBA 2K14 as I loathe to pay £55 for a game again. The big supermarkets need to start selling more so the prices can come down.

If you have a PS4 then wait a year before getting the Xbone by that time issues will be mostly ironed out, more games will be out and it'll be cheaper.

It's also worth saying that if like me all your friends are on PS4 then you'll never have the Xbone on unless you want to play alone which is a bit dull after a while.

Back