Advice for Remote PlayPS4 

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi, any help would be great.

I only have the one HDMI TV in the house, so playing the PS4 is extremely difficult. When the remote play update came out I thought it would be great for me. Initially the connection was appalling for me, so I thought i'd leave it while the little niggles were figured out.

Fired it up tonight out of curiosity and It is working, okay, I guess. My internet speeds/connection is above what the minimum they recommend. However i'm having serious problems with the controller. Trying to play F1 and the car won't respond to the commands given. It won't shift up, and the steering is worse. It gives me nothing or leaves full lock on. It's making it impossible to play.

Any advice/suggestions?

It depends on what device you're using Remote Play with. If it's a phone, best bet is to use an OTG cable so there is little to no latency when using a controller.

It depends on what device you're using Remote Play with. If it's a phone, best bet is to use an OTG cable so there is little to no latency when using a controller.
I'm running it on my HP Laptop. It's the only compatible device, don't think a Samsung galaxy tab works

I'm running it on my HP Laptop. It's the only compatible device, don't think a Samsung galaxy tab works

You could try to download the Remote Play apk to your Galaxy Tab, and see if that works. I'm unsure about the Laptop, though; connecting directly to it is supposed to remove a large amount of latency.

You could try to download the Remote Play apk to your Galaxy Tab, and see if that works. I'm unsure about the Laptop, though; connecting directly to it is supposed to remove a large amount of latency.
Tried searching for the APK but it wouldn't let me download it. I shall look further, but I'm keeping the controller plugged in via the USB cable anyway.

Thanks mate :cheers:

Back