Advice needed on what to do next (newbie question)

  • Thread starter Thread starter baka
  • 7 comments
  • 731 views
Messages
1
Hi. I'm a newbie GT4 player. I haven't played any GT games before and I only played NFS series so far. I also didn't know anything about cars when I started to play GT4 (I learned a few things so far). I think this makes me a newbie right :) . I'm playing the game for a while but I'm stuck on what to do next so I'd like to ask for your advice. I'm at 18.8%. I got all the licenses except Super. I'd missions 1-10. Completed Beginner hall (all gold). Completed all of the Professional hall except Gran Turismo World Championship (nearly all gold. all gold in Supercar Festival yay! :dopey: ). Completed a few races here and there. This is all (also all of those are done in A-spec mode). The problem is, I neither have a race car for GTWC nor enough money (240K). I don't think Cien would do any good in these races. So I'm stuck. What do you think I should do next?
 
I'd do some National, Mfg or Rally races and get up to 25%, then go run the El Capitan Endurance race and get the Minolta to finish up the GTWC in Pro Hall. Personally, I couldn't beat that race with the Minolta, but alot of people seem to be able to so I'm sure its possible.

Either way, you're definitely going to need a non-street car to beat the WC, even the best production cars don't stand a hair's chance against the GT racers. Go through your garage and see what you have that you can take to some of the other races to get you up to 25%. Or you can just keep doing them and save up to buy a GT car, whatever you want. :D
 
You can always do the Costa Di Amalfi trick to get 200K...unless you have a good Mercedes to win the CLK touring car...if so...thats another story.
 
Win the Costa Di'Amalfi easy special condition hall races, sell the RSC rally raid car you win as a prize, and then clear the golds and repeat until you have enough to buy either of the Audi DTM cars (the A4 touring car or the TT touring car) and then use whichever one you buy in the European hall, Deutsche tourenwagon championship, win this series and you'll recieve a nice new Mercedes CLK-GTR worth over 700k if you sell it. Repeat the series until you have 4.5 million or more and then buy the Audi R8 which is a highly recommended LMP car and that should give you the GT world championship.

Alternatiley, do other random races wherever until you do hit 25%, you're not far off anyway and you'll unlock the endurance hall, theres plenty of cool cars to win in here. What you need is a group C or LMP car though, so enter the El Capitan 100 miles in any fast car, 400Bhp + and you'll win the Toyota Minolta 88C-V group C racer which will walk over the AI in the GTWC.
 
I had really bad luck with the Minolta, but I managed to win the series pretty easy with the Black Mazda LM car, without the extra turbo boost.

Maybe just because it's black and sexy, and we all know sexy cars go faster. :cool:
 
i'd suggest you finish couple of more races until you're 25% (to unlock the endurance) then get yourself a F1 car .. here is how i got mine ..


assuming you have a skyline R34 (or get an used unit for 10-15k less) max it out and race the japanese championship in japanese hall. you'll get a 350Z Concept LM Race Car with superb handling .. now, max out this car and you'll have a 900+bhp monster. put on super soft tyres then race George V Paris under special condition, on normal mode. the IA wont stand a chance .. you will get a RENAULT 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car which sells for 250k .. do this 3 times (it takes about 10 mins each time) and sell off all of them. buy a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 for 610k, max it out with the balance and race Legend of Silver Arrow under Mercedes One-Make Race. then you'll get yourself a MERCEDES-BENZ CLK Touring Car (D2 DTM) '00 .. again, max it out and race German Touring Car Championship under european hall and - you'll get a MERCEDES-BENZ AMG CLK-GTR Race Car '98 ... with this car, race the Nurburgring 24 Hours Endurance and you will have your F1 car.

apart from the special condition race, all of them can be done in b-spec .. :dopey:
 
DON'T get the F1 right away. It will kill the challenge of the GTWC. I also recommend getting to 25% and doing El Capitan 200 Miles for the Minolta. Since you only have 240,000 credits, it is wisest to take one of your 4WD cars, like an Impreza, Lancer, Skyline, 90's Celica, etc., and buy dirt and snow tires and do the SC Hall, and you should also be able to handle most of the missions if you've gotten up to IA license.
 
baka
Hi. I'm a newbie GT4 player. I haven't played any GT games before and I only played NFS series so far. I also didn't know anything about cars when I started to play GT4 (I learned a few things so far). I think this makes me a newbie right :) . I'm playing the game for a while but I'm stuck on what to do next so I'd like to ask for your advice. I'm at 18.8%. I got all the licenses except Super. I'd missions 1-10. Completed Beginner hall (all gold). Completed all of the Professional hall except Gran Turismo World Championship (nearly all gold. all gold in Supercar Festival yay! :dopey: ). Completed a few races here and there. This is all (also all of those are done in A-spec mode). The problem is, I neither have a race car for GTWC nor enough money (240K). I don't think Cien would do any good in these races. So I'm stuck. What do you think I should do next?
The Cien is DEFINATELY a bad choice for the GTWC. You're going to need a very good car for the races, and for that you'll need an LMP. At 4,500,000 credits, they're not cheap (there's a few for 3,500,000 but I haven't tried them), but they're defiantely worth it. As live4speed suggested, the DTMs are awesome, with some 100,000 in prize money and a 750,000 credit car. but if you like a challenge, get the prize car and modify it, then take it in the GTWC. It's ballistic, but the points are high. Alternatively, do the Special Conditions and a few manufacturer events to get to 25%, buy the RAzo Silvia or BMW M3 GTR (win it at Schwarwald Liga A) and enter the Nurburgring 24 Hours. If you win (B-Spec it), you'll get an F1 car.
 
Back