ADVICE NEEDED! Purchase Full Game Or PS Plus?

• Thread starter VBR
  • 13 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
I have DC on disc, but I'm thinking of getting the download version of this game, & would appreciate some advice from those in the know.

1) If I buy the PS Plus version, do I need a current PS Plus subscription to be able to play the game, or can I still play it if my PS Plus expires?

2) If I buy the PS Plus version of the game with the season pass included, is that any different to buying the full game & season pass?

3) If I buy the PS Plus version, do I then have to upgrade to the full game at further cost?

Thanks guys!

👍

VBR
I have DC on disc, but I'm thinking of getting the download version of this game, & would appreciate some advice from those in the know.

1) If I buy the PS Plus version, do I need a current PS Plus subscription to be able to play the game, or can I still play it if my PS Plus expires?

2) If I buy the PS Plus version of the game with the season pass included, is that any different to buying the full game & season pass?

3) If I buy the PS Plus version, do I then have to upgrade to the full game at further cost?

Thanks guys!

👍
You can keep and play the PS+ full game version after your PS+ expires, that was said back before the game launched.

The PS+ version was the full game, just cheaper for PS+ members - so it'll be the same as the full game.

I don't think there's a PS+ free version available still, but to be sure, get the PS+ upgrade version and that'll be the full game - the only other cost will be the season pass, the bikes expansion and the four DLC packs since.

If I am right, you can't get the ps plus when you have the disc because I try to do the same thing and it won't let me buy it. I think meanelf is right.

If I am right, you can't get the ps plus when you have the disc because I try to do the same thing and it won't let me buy it. I think meanelf is right.

Maybe I'll have to delete everything off my PS4 first. Would that work?

VBR
Maybe I'll have to delete everything off my PS4 first. Would that work?
I'm not sure, well, what I really mean is I hate giving advice when it comes down to deleting anything - perhaps you'd best talk to a Sony person online, as there are two files, one is game progress, the other is a game save; so if you delete the wrong one, you'd have to play the whole game again.

If you already have the disc, why go for the digital version? I mean, sure you can sell the physical copy, but I doubt you'd get more than the amount you'd need to buy even the reduced digital one.

The PS+ edition was free to playstation + members and was NOT the full game, if I remember correctly the only location available was India and the cars available were limited also.

What is available in the Playstation Store now is the full game at a discount price for PS+ members and a non-discount full game version for non-members.

The PS+ edition was free to playstation + members and was NOT the full game, if I remember correctly the only location available was India and the cars available were limited also...
Ahem...;)
...I don't think there's a PS+ free version available still, but to be sure, get the PS+ upgrade version and that'll be the full game...

I'm not sure, well, what I really mean is I hate giving advice when it comes down to deleting anything - perhaps you'd best talk to a Sony person online, as there are two files, one is game progress, the other is a game save; so if you delete the wrong one, you'd have to play the whole game again.

If you already have the disc, why go for the digital version? I mean, sure you can sell the physical copy, but I doubt you'd get more than the amount you'd need to buy even the reduced digital one.

I'm planning on starting the game again from scratch anyway, as I've just bought a Logitech G29. I want the download version as it's quiter than using a disc, & I don't have to keep putting the disc in & out so it's more convenient. Thanks for the replies guys!

:)

I just got this game and I did one race. Since it was getting late and it took forever to download.
Did the full game plus season pass for 19.99$ which is better than the PS+ version at 14.99$

I do think that if you get the PS+ version you will have to pay full price for season pass. I was looking at that and it seems to be that way, so I went with the 19.99 version and got full game + season pass.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I bought the game & season pass for £7.99 last night, & it's all installed now. Gonna be starting again from scratch using my G29. The FFB isn't the greatest, & it certainly doesn't feel like a sim, but it's fun nonetheless. And with Hardcore handling turned on, it's even more interesting.

:D

VBR
Thanks for all the advice guys. I bought the game & season pass for £7.99 last night, & it's all installed now. Gonna be starting again from scratch using my G29. The FFB isn't the greatest, & it certainly doesn't feel like a sim, but it's fun nonetheless. And with Hardcore handling turned on, it's even more interesting.

:D
You do know that we expect to see some stunning photo mode pictures as evidence of this :D ;)

Glad you are enjoying it (as if there was any doubt :))

You do know that we expect to see some stunning photo mode pictures as evidence of this :D ;)

Glad you are enjoying it (as if there was any doubt :))

Never had any natural ability with photographs, that's why I appreciate talented guys such as yourself & Torque etc. Only ever took a handfull in GT, never liked it either. I think I'll leave it to the pro's!

Played for an hour or so yesterday, didn't enjoy it that much, but maybe I was just in a bad mood. Also, Hardcore mode isn't anymore realistic, just hader. It seems that when it's turned on the cars go all understeery & the brakes lock up even with the smallest amount of movement. I think it's less realistic & have gone back to normal handling.

Have to say that yet again the sheer sense of speed in this game is utterly stunning! How they get that with in car views is extraordinary. I'm using the dash view, & still only using the Mini. Even the slow cars seem insanely fast in DC.

:)

Back