- 204
- Peaknik
- Ludens
Hi all, I live in Europe, so I am still waiting to the european release. In the meantime, I am taking part in an online GT3 farewell championship, where we send our times by email, etc. In that championship, rules are full modded cars with super sticky tires.
Its been my first GT competition (I suck, but is very funny), and I am thinking in continuing with that kind of competitions when GT4 will be out.
But I would like to see some "improvements" in those championships (more realism):
- I think that running with full modded cars (specially non racing cars) and super sticky tires lead to very unrealistic setups (like 10/10 bound / rebound shocks) and very unrealistic times. I want to learn to setup my car in a realistic way, not just thinking in getting fast but unrealistic times.
- I am sure theres a school of GT drivers that like realism, so I am thinking in new rules for a GT4 competition in which realism is paramount.
- I think that tire election is perhaps the most important thing to stay within realistic limits.
So, could you give some advice to create a new set of rules for a championship of that sort?
Are those competitions more challenging?
I am sure those kind of competitions already exists for GT3, but the new physics and tire choices of GT4 should be taken in consideration.
Its been my first GT competition (I suck, but is very funny), and I am thinking in continuing with that kind of competitions when GT4 will be out.
But I would like to see some "improvements" in those championships (more realism):
- I think that running with full modded cars (specially non racing cars) and super sticky tires lead to very unrealistic setups (like 10/10 bound / rebound shocks) and very unrealistic times. I want to learn to setup my car in a realistic way, not just thinking in getting fast but unrealistic times.
- I am sure theres a school of GT drivers that like realism, so I am thinking in new rules for a GT4 competition in which realism is paramount.
- I think that tire election is perhaps the most important thing to stay within realistic limits.
So, could you give some advice to create a new set of rules for a championship of that sort?
Are those competitions more challenging?
I am sure those kind of competitions already exists for GT3, but the new physics and tire choices of GT4 should be taken in consideration.