Advice on best program to organize musicMusic 

• Thread starter katpeeler
  • 5 comments
80710A06
katpeeler
I know I can google and get alot of answers but in short I have a little over 5000 songs ranging from blues,rock,metal and just about every other genre you can think of. I even have genres I have made up before (Chick Rock for my wife) I have used Mediamonkey in the past but only the free version. And honestly I found Mediamonkey a little confusing on how it handles music. Im looking for something that will tag all my music for me and automaticly organize them. Its been about 1000 songs ago since I totaly went thru it and orgaize, but now I have a android phone and find myself listening to my music alot more often and want something easy and thurough..Thanx

I would suggest MusicBee or Winamp as they are rather simple and easy to use (both also have auto-tag features as well). MusicBee is especially nice if you have a last.fm account as there is a feature that will make a smart playlist using both local files and songs from last.fm.

The only downside of both is that they need some fiddling with at the start, but once you get it how you like it both are solid players.

I thought Winamp was mainly a music player??....I realy dont want to play my music thru anything I just want a program that will tag everything and fix my artwork...Mediamonkey didnt do a good job of this...alot of artwork blank but like I said it wasnt the paid version. Actualy I dont mind paying for a program if it does a good job

I thought Winamp was mainly a music player??....I realy dont want to play my music thru anything I just want a program that will tag everything and fix my artwork...Mediamonkey didnt do a good job of this...alot of artwork blank but like I said it wasnt the paid version. Actualy I dont mind paying for a program if it does a good job

Both of the programs I listed can do that.

@Northstar

Do you happen to use Musicbee?? I downloaded it and have my music on it and so far I realy love it. But Im having issues trying to use the auto tag some of my music. I cant find a good tutorial on how to auto tag and find missing artwork. I have about 100 songs that are all messed up. The names of the songs are incorrect and I found the "auto detect" option in the tag tools but it didn't work...I might be doing something wrong. But the Wiki page for Musicbee has very little and the Musicbee web page seems to be down...any help (link) would be great

Back