advice please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Telefonica
  • 19 comments
  • 1,151 views
Messages
4
i need some help in which car to choose between, its either the Dodge Viper or the Corvette (both the race spac models that cost 1,000,000 each)
thanks :crazy:
 
Welcome to GTPlanet, Telefonica!

I don't have either car in GT4 yet, but in GT3 the Viper Oreca was one of my favorite cars. It suits my driving style very well, and the tire wear is very even.

Many people love the C5R, but I hated it. The front tires wear very quickly and it is undriveable when the front tires go bad.

My vote is for the Viper Oreca by a large amount.
 
I agree with duke, the team oreca viper is very fast, the vette is good too, but if the infinion mission is anything to go by, the front tires will be dead in a few short laps. some have also said that the viper is one of the best sounding cars in the game:)
 
i have them both since im collecting all the cars and i would say the viper is better
 
Hi,

I have driven both in GT3 but have only driven the Corvette C5R in GT4.

Both cars are good choices for a solid race car, but I would probably go with the Viper ORECA race car 👍 . The Viper is faster in a straight line, has better traction, and brakes better.

Both cars are very tunable and have good powerbands. The Corvette is a good car, it is just that the French (Team ORECA) certainly know how to tune their GTS cars!!

Good luck 👍
 
I have tried out both of them. The Viper is faster. But to me the Corvette seemed to handle better with me ( so it might be different with you ) and with me ( being i specilize in Endurance ) i would buy the Corvette. But if your looking for speed, go for the Viper. Good luck.
 
Save up another million and get them both.

I have both of them and they both kick ass.
 
The Team Oreca Viper is definitely much easier to handle. You can drive it with TCS set at 0 with no problem if you want! It's one of the most fun cars in the game to drive in my opinion, very stable and fast :) With only a few minor suspension tweaks it's probably just about the best handling car in the game. The Corvette is pretty good stock, but for some reason the handling limits just don't seem as high as the Viper's. Either one works pretty well, but I find the Viper to be MUCH better in my opinion :)
 
:banghead: ok i cudnt find a relevant thread so ill post it here cuz i need sum advise as well,
I wud really really appreciate it if sum 1 gave me the perfect gear ratios and downforce settings 4 the nissan pennzoil nismo gtr(JGTC)(99)..cuz this car was furiously fast in gt2 even though it was 702hp and in gt4 it goes up 2 sumwhere in 800...it feels slow, it hurts me 2 see this car slow..same goes 4 the escudo( i wanna increase the top speed) :ouch: ...cud sum1 plz tell me the perfect gear ratios and downforce settings for both these 2 cars..i wud b most obliged..and can sum1 tell me if the nissan pennzoil zexel wud b faster than the nismo after both fully modded..it was lesser bhp but looks the same. 👍

Telefonica dude u can get both...if credits are an issue then here is a way 2 earn easy money..its a cheap thing 2 do but it works. :guilty: just sit in car which is atleast above 300bhp( 2 make it easy) go 2 special condition hall enter the second event in the easy difficulty..do the 2 races..win the Toyota RSC Rally raid car and sell it 4 250,000...clear the records and repeat...the race is called Rally de Capri.
 
You can't go wrong with either car. Try these setups:
_

Corvette C5-R:

SR - 16.5 / 15.0
RH - 64 / 66
SB - 5 / 5
SR - 7 / 9
C - 2.0 / 2.0
T - 0 / 1
St - 3 / 4
BB - 2 / 4
DF - Max

ASM - 0 / 0
TCS - 4

LSDI - 10
LSDA - 35
LSDD - 10

R2/R3 tires, tranny trick gearset (with 2.96 final on Sarthe I)
_

Team Oreca Viper GTS-R:

SR - 16.0 / 14.0
RH - 60 / 65
SB - 6 / 7
SR - 7 / 8
C - 2.0 / 2.0
T - 0 / 0
St - 5 / 6
BB - 4 / 2
DF - Max

ASM - 0 / 0
TCS - 4

LSDI - 5
LSDA - 25
LSDD - 10

R2/R2 tires, tranny trick gearset (with 2.87 final on Sarthe I)
_
 
Sashiated
:banghead: ok i cudnt find a relevant thread so ill post it here cuz i need sum advise as well,
I wud really really appreciate it if sum 1 gave me the perfect gear ratios and downforce settings 4 the nissan pennzoil nismo gtr(JGTC)(99)..cuz this car was furiously fast in gt2 even though it was 702hp and in gt4 it goes up 2 sumwhere in 800...it feels slow, it hurts me 2 see this car slow..same goes 4 the escudo( i wanna increase the top speed) :ouch: ...cud sum1 plz tell me the perfect gear ratios and downforce settings for both these 2 cars..i wud b most obliged..and can sum1 tell me if the nissan pennzoil zexel wud b faster than the nismo after both fully modded..it was lesser bhp but looks the same. 👍
Try looking first, then posting in the Tuning & Settings board. That's where you'd find advice on this.

And PLEASE, in the name of trees, DROP THE AOL-SPEAK TYPING. It makes your posts very difficult to read and is likely to make people yell at you instead of helping you. Just use real words and complete sentences. Trust us, it helps.
 
Does anyone know how to win that odd white car that you cannot see the rear wheels and it seems to have a turbine engine!
 
That's one of the Chapparals; I believe the 2J but I'm not sure. Look in the FAQ sticky for links to car lists.
 
baz_lad
Does anyone know how to win that odd white car that you cannot see the rear wheels and it seems to have a turbine engine!

You can buy that one, I don't think there are any races you win it in.

US - Chaparral - costs like 1,200,000 I think

I wasn't too impressed with it, personally... the computer does much better with it than I do :D

As far as the Vette vs Viper, I'd actually consider getting a new Viper SRT-10 instead, I'm pretty sure I blitzed that Oreca Viper in a race with it.
 
I only have the Vette, but I like it. Maybe when I get home from work I'll have to buy the viper. It seems most people are leaning more towards it. :)
 
Ok I now have the VIPER GTS-R and it's way better than the Vette.
 
Back