AE86 meet anyone?

• Thread starter danjama
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
London
Any fans of the Corolla interested in a meet at the Nurburgring for 3/4 laps?

Would like at least 4 people to be involved (including me).

Cars would be stock....

Short notice but for any time between 7pm and 11pm GMT today (thursday 7th)...

Also, is there another place online for shift players to arrange competitions and meets?

I should add i'm using the PS3.

No responses, fair enough.

For anyone interested, just add me on PSN, username is "danjama". I'll be online from about 7pm GMT onwards. I'm just interested in a clean meet at the Ring, doesn't have to be the 86. I'm sick of meeting people on there who don't know how to stay on the track.

Hi Danjama,

The times/date won't work for me but I'd be happy to meet you with this car one weekend when we're both free.

Hi! I also love the AE86... when you figure out your times, I'll try to make it.

I've had problems adjusting the gearing in my modified AE86... it's impossible to change, and the gears it's stuck with are totally screwed up... much worse than the gears with the stock or tier I and tier II drive train. Have you seen this at all? any Ideas for a work around?

Hey Buzz, fun racing with you just now. It almost got ruined by the douche in the Viper, but i think we showed him we were not messing around. I saw him trying to tail bump you a few times while i was lagging behind so i kept trying to tail spin him when i got close enough. The guy was dirty and the reason that i get annoyed online, although it was a little bit funny.

Anyway, once we got rid of him we had some close races. We should definitely meet again. Laguna Seca was brilliant. I got the feeling you didn't know Donington too well?

Where are you from anyways?

As for this problem your having with the gearing, it seems to work fine for me with stage 3 tuning. Are you talking offline or online? Because i heard you lose your tuning settings when online. Before we started racing i was testing some gear settings and i was hitting 60+mph in 1st gear. If you want i can send the settings here. It's stupid that they can't be used online though, makes the Ring a bit of a bore when you max out at 110mph. If your settings are not affecting the gearing offline i'm not too sure what's going wrong.

Yeah, that racing was great. And no, I don't know Donnington... lol. As far as the gears go, I was having problems off line... didn't try tuning for online, though... do our tunes come through? it's a drag this game is so full of weird bugs and quirks, cos the basic gameplay is great.

The only track I really know in shift is Nurburgring. (ironically). I know laguna from GT4 so it was pretty easy to pick up. I'm learning Spa, brands hatch, Silverstone, and ambush canyon. Road america and both Willow springs tracks are cool too.

But I usually just do the Nurburgring.

I'm in Tucson, Arizona.

Anyone else interested in stock AE86 races with Clean driving? Post here!

This is the most fun I've had since I got the game.

Yea it was lots of fun man. We should definitely do some laps around Spa and Silverstone, both tracks i know well. I could get you up to speed quickly! :sly:

As for tuning the gearing on the Ae86, i'm not sure why yours isn't working. Try these settings, and you should get a noticeable change in gearing, like 1st going past 70mph, 2nd past 100mph etc:

final drive: 5.59
1st ration: 2.67
2nd ratio: 1.80
3rd ratio: 1.28
4th ratio: 1.09
5th ratio: .89

There is no logic behind this gearing, it's something i tried purely for testing.

I'm 100% sure our tuning does not work online, it goes back to stock :yuck:

I'm from London by the way.

Cool... I may be on tonight (my time) I think I'm GMT-7? or is it +7? lol.
So that may not work for London, but I'll be around during the day for the next week at least. Anyone else add me in psn

GTP_BuzzOrHowl

I'll send race invites to interested people...

Danjama (& anyone else). I quite like the AE86. Also strongly suggest racing the (stock) S2000, which seems to be one of the more interesting cars to drive on Shift (not saying it's necessarily "accurate", but definitely more challenging than most cars in Shift). Also suggest the (stock) 135i.

Would like to try some tracks (Nordschliefe & others) with serious racers in these cars. I wouldn't be available until Sunday...

Back