Ae86 (s.shigeno ver.) '00

  • Thread starter Thread starter akjay
  • 15 comments
  • 2,847 views
Messages
76
Messages
AKJimboSlice
Messages
SeymoreButts907
after 3 months of checking the used car dealership, i have finally got myself the tuned AE86. i have been waiting so long for this...i regret not buying the '83 Trueno as my first car, but i didnt even know there was 2 versions!

so first thing i do is buy some comfort tires and start drifting the car at the usual spot...Tsukuba; and HOLY ****!

I can honestly say that this is the best drift car that is stock! I have so much control and precision with this, and it shifts the weight perfectly for chain drifting!!!! I feel like the king of AKINA mountain now...it has certainly lived up to my expectations, and it was well worth the wait. i just did 4 of the drift challenges in the seasonal events and racked up 4 million like it was nothing. im in love now.

so now, all i have to do is get the other version so i can make it my circuit car.
 
I agree, they spent some time making a special author's own personal 86...and didnt even bother doing the interior. at least it sounds good on my surround sound.
 
Sadly, every course in GT5 is a high speed racetrack. A takumi like car is never an advantage. It sucks.

Edit: I meant every single paved course. The closest thing to a killer downhill is Eiger K trail. It's dirt... But it's the coolest downhill course in GT history.
 
Last edited:
Sounds crappy when actually driving as if its a steroid f2, but when choosing it in the garage and the engine starts up, can clearly hear those ITB`s growl :)

Heres how a toyota 20valve silvertop gr.a race engine sounds like when its paired with an ae86: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0yardJHYqg

Owh and yeah, the Initial D makers use the exterior drive-by sound from exactly that video :) In fact the ae86 in that video is the sole inspiration for the Initial D makers to "change" the engine in Takumi`s ae86, as it`s the first AE86 in the world to receive a group.a 20v 4age :)

So now that you know how a 20v race engine REALLY sounds like, you still think it sounds great in-game?
 
try the Premium: RE Amemiya RX7 thats also a great drifting car
 
Sounds crappy when actually driving as if its a steroid f2, but when choosing it in the garage and the engine starts up, can clearly hear those ITB`s growl :)

Heres how a toyota 20valve silvertop gr.a race engine sounds like when its paired with an ae86: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0yardJHYqg

Owh and yeah, the Initial D makers use the exterior drive-by sound from exactly that video :) In fact the ae86 in that video is the sole inspiration for the Initial D makers to "change" the engine in Takumi`s ae86, as it`s the first AE86 in the world to receive a group.a 20v 4age :)

So now that you know how a 20v race engine REALLY sounds like, you still think it sounds great in-game?

it just sounds good because of the bass in the exhaust note...otherwise i would just say it sounds like a gasoline-powered dyson vacuum
 
It's a shame I've somehow ruined mine. It understeers like nothing else and I can't seem to fix it no matter what I do.

About the sound, it sounds absolutely awful when you're driving it but if you get passed by it sounds brilliant.
 
The brake bias the car comes with when you buy it seems to be the reason it turns in so well, try adding more and more brake bias to the rear until it helps :)

Nothing like the sound of one throttle body per cylinder on a 1600cc dohc inline 4 toyota engine :) one more vid just for the sake of the sound (Different car, blacktop 20v engine which at the time of this vid was upgraded with valvetrain and porting): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iDk3TEPgCA
 
Yea you can never really tell how it sounds from in the car....

Every time I race with that car though, people always tell me how epic it sounds when they're behind me. I've had people count my downshifts outloud as they happen, because they're so loud and brutal.
 
those videos are awesome!!!! car porn at its greatest! only thing that sounds better IMO is a straight piped C6 corvette!
 
akjay
those videos are awesome!!!! car porn at its greatest! only thing that sounds better IMO is a straight piped C6 corvette!

+1

It is isn't it?! ;)👍

A Hachi Roku at his finest!! Love the videos myself. You know what's better than a straight pipe 2L AE86? A Hachi with a S2000 motor(higer revs @9-11K RPMs) or a AE with a 1jz engine, V6 or a V8. Nothing compares the mentioned engines swaps in the Hachi my friends!

But I got to admit myself, I can't resist a Skyline GTR R34, Subie STi, RX7, EVO and a S2000 with either bov and turbo or a excellent exaust note, and don't forget the Viper monsterous V10 with a turbo :D!
 
I got this car I should try it now lol I have the '85 too I think
 
S2K, L6 and V8 swaps in an AE86, are you crazy??

Well, I might agree with S2K engine (Being almost the best engine of it`s class second only to 3SGE Beams imho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ogo5ueU6Oo.) or a Toyota 1UZFE V8 (Which weighs less than a Nissan SR20DET turbo engine) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBHSivMyC-w

Btw, the MotorFIX guys are insane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1zeAv8loew&feature=channel_video_title and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifwZ4ORnLho&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I know these are KE70`s, but under the shell theyre the same as AE86, all the components are interchangeable for AE86 goodies :)
 
ToreDL87
S2K, L6 and V8 swaps in an AE86, are you crazy??

Well, I might agree with S2K engine (Being almost the best engine of it`s class second only to 3SGE Beams imho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ogo5ueU6Oo.) or a Toyota 1UZFE V8 (Which weighs less than a Nissan SR20DET turbo engine) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBHSivMyC-w

Btw, the MotorFIX guys are insane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1zeAv8loew&feature=channel_video_title and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifwZ4ORnLho&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I know these are KE70`s, but under the shell theyre the same as AE86, all the components are interchangeable for AE86 goodies :)

You want to know what's more crazy? A AE86 with a RX7 13b or a 20b wankel engine. :crazy: :sly:

In your previous posts with Kenichi's TRD Hachi video from YouTube, if you scroll down the videos there's a AE with a 20b engine swap, man that's pretty innovative there. That's just shows tuners are scientists in a way, always experementing with many theroies and possibilties.

I been thinking of building a Subie WRX STi with a 4g63 and a Lan Evo VIII or a IX with a EJ25 boxer4 engine. Now that's something you don't see often. I will soon maybe get chased by angry STi/Evo dudes with pitchforks:scared: :lol:.

But ideas and innovations my man make us tuners IMO.
 
Back