Aero Kit and rim size

Canada
Canada
quattpequatt
I tried using the search function but its quite basic and wouldn't let me sort through gt6 only threads so I have to post a new thread..

I would need to know how much down force do the aero kits produce? Have you noticed if its minimal or something very noticeable? I'm trying to tune a Elise 111r for the ring, and I'm just wondering if given its weight and horsepower (907 kg and 323 hp) would I benefit from an aero kit? I'm not running an aftermarket wing. Or will it slow me down too much?

Also my second query is regarding rim size, what effect does +1 +2 inches rim size have on the handling of a car?

Many thanks.

From my own testing all aero kits slow you down a few km/h no matter what the question is do you gain enough in the corner to over come the loss of speed at the end of the straight.
Rim size is a tuff or some say it's cosmetic others like my self state you gain some grip in the corner due to less sidewall flex which does appear to have modeled in gt6, for the most part the aero differnce is less than half a second on most tracks the rim size is less than that, so it's mostly prefernence.
As for a second thought are you among this a hot lap tune or. Race tune, race tunes the aero will help as it plants the car better and helps recover from mistakes etc.

From my own testing all aero kits slow you down a few km/h no matter what the question is do you gain enough in the corner to over come the loss of speed at the end of the straight.
Rim size is a tuff or some say it's cosmetic others like my self state you gain some grip in the corner due to less sidewall flex which does appear to have modeled in gt6, for the most part the aero differnce is less than half a second on most tracks the rim size is less than that, so it's mostly prefernence.
As for a second thought are you among this a hot lap tune or. Race tune, race tunes the aero will help as it plants the car better and helps recover from mistakes etc.
That is your test that I linked above.

Back