After 2 years of GT Sport my Thrustmaster T150 is having shifting problems.

• Thread starter Oswald07
  • 12 comments

Thrustmaster vs Logitech

• Thrustmaster

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Logitech

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
Canada
Canada
Oswal07
After 2 years of GT Sport my Thrustmaster T150 is having shifting problems. Does anyone know if there is an easy fix, magnet mod? Secondly I'm thinking about getting the T300 but I'm afraid that it will stop working after 2 years. Or would I find more reliability from the Logitech G29. I'd be willing to pay a bit more if I could get some reliability. I thought my T150 was great until it wasn't. 2 years into GT Sport I'd love to hear peoples perspectives and experiences with hardware good and bad. Thanks in advance for you feedback.

From my research the T300 is the least reliable of the bunch.

As for the T150 paddles, after some use the paddle spring becomes unseated and you can just click it back into place. Simple fix but not permanent as it will continue to happen.

FWIW, I have a Logi G29 and after a few years the rubber bump-stops on the paddles wore out resulting in a similar issue. I fashioned a new pad out of electrical tape squares and that fixed the problem. ~5 minute repair.

So I guess no wheel is without some maintenance....

From a reliability standpoint, Logitech seems like the best option, but it’s also old tech compared to Thrustmaster wheels.

I own a G29, I love it. I got it in November 2017 and it hasn’t had any problems despite hundreds of hours of usage so far. I’m sure it will have problems eventually like any other wheel after awhile.

I will probably try a Thrustmaster wheel next though. I read somewhere awhile back that T300’s have cooling issues, but I also seen Thrustmaster has a remedy for that now.

The old saying you get what you pay for will always hold some water. All lower priced wheel setups are a great way to get into the hobby but everyone kinda knows this route has the potential of reliability issues down the road.
Once you have established that a wheel and rig setup is definitely for you then it's time to start looking at top of the line equipment.
You have gotten all your going to get out of a cheaper equipment and the only way forward now should be an upgrade.

Try taking apart the steering wheel and have a look inside. It is just a load of philips screws holding it together so all you need is a screwdriver and a bit of patience.

I have a T150 and there is a bit of plastic that connects to 2 springs behind each paddle. On my wheel this plastic piece had snapped in half, so when I pulled the paddle it didn't always activate the switch. I glued the plastic bit back together with super glue and re-assembled it and it has worked fine for a few months. Wont last forever but it might give you an extra bit of life out of the wheel.

I have also replaced the spring on the brake and accelerator, so have had to do a few things to it over the last 18 months.

I've got my T150 for more than 2 years now without any issues,and buyed upgrades as the T3PA pedals and recently the TH8A shifter..

I've been playing with it on Pcars, Pcars2, Assetto,F1 2016,F1 2018,dirt Rally,dirt Rally 2.0 and GT sport..

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190704120646043_COVER.jpg

But it's more a matter of luck with the racing wheels...

A friend of mine got 2 Logitech G29 that broke in less than 6 months each... nowadays he got a Thrustmaster T300 more or less 2 years without any issues.

You can also read people reporting issues with fanatec high end wheels or people with the T-GT wheel that isn't a cheap one either.

So..I really think that when you buy a racing wheel it's quite question of luck,a thing that shouldn't be like that knowing that those things aren't quite cheap even the low end one's.

I’m not sure if this piece of information helps a lot, but I bought my G29 in August 2015, and throughout the years it has had no problems at all, other than the downshift paddle, which will only register the clicks if you press a specific part of it much harder than usual. It started happening around 1.5-2 years ago, and I suspect it’s likely because I don’t use the paddles a lot (but somehow the upshift paddle is perfectly normal :lol:). In fact, I don’t really use the wheel frequently until this January when I bought GT Sport, and even when I do, I don’t ‘abuse’ it by having very violent and sudden motions. If you switch from the T150 to the G29 though, the only complaint I can foresee you having is the placement of the ‘Share’ and ‘Options’ buttons, as you will get frustrated with wanting to open the mid-race options menu to quit after a session only to have a screenshot taken of your on-track failures because you pressed the ‘Share’ button above the ‘Options’ button instead. And you can’t reconfigure their functions as they are fixed.

As for Thrustmaster, I can’t comment on their products, as I have never used their wheel; my first wheel is already the G29, discounting the PS Move ‘steering wheel’.

Try taking apart the steering wheel and have a look inside. It is just a load of philips screws holding it together so all you need is a screwdriver and a bit of patience.

I have a T150 and there is a bit of plastic that connects to 2 springs behind each paddle. On my wheel this plastic piece had snapped in half, so when I pulled the paddle it didn't always activate the switch. I glued the plastic bit back together with super glue and re-assembled it and it has worked fine for a few months. Wont last forever but it might give you an extra bit of life out of the wheel.

I have also replaced the spring on the brake and accelerator, so have had to do a few things to it over the last 18 months.
I guess you're talking about that:

NOKRLEX.png

I have also seen people complain that this spring of the switches is not stiff enough resulting in miss shifts:

spring.png

@Oswald07

Thanks a lot @Lost Sheltie for your description and @super_gt for the photos. As usual this forum has the right people with the right answers; you just have to look for it. I had this problem last week during a daily race costing me a lot of Dr/Sr points. My piece of plastic broke in three parts, but it is working now with the super glue treatment. Now, I found a italian company 3drap that sells this particular piece by around 15 euro (right+left) made by the 3d plastic printing - i ordered it and am now waiting to have a permanent solution.

Back