After a long time of hot lapping and single player I am ready to try online again.

  • Thread starter Thread starter turdhat
  • 29 comments
  • 1,417 views
Messages
117
United States
Pleasure Ridge Park, Kentucky
Honestly, Xbox and Forza ruined online racing for me because I can not deal with the attitudes, and poor sportsmanship. Not to mention he crash up derby at the first turn of every race.

I have not given gt6 a chance at all. I have only hopped on a few times and ended up in a crash up derby again only to conclude this is the norm. Why don't more people run collisions off at least ? I do best in those setups to be honest.

My biggest problem in any online racing game like Forza or Gt is having the right cars in the right PP range. Can anyone tell me what I should have at ready to be able to enjoy most online rooms. I do not plan to tune much except in areas of engine power and gear box.
 
Depends what you plan on doing online. PP races, drag, drift, free runs etc.
 
Circuit races mostly. No drag or drift. Some free runs perhaps.
 
Honestly, Xbox and Forza ruined online racing for me because I can not deal with the attitudes, and poor sportsmanship. Not to mention he crash up derby at the first turn of every race.

I have not given gt6 a chance at all. I have only hopped on a few times and ended up in a crash up derby again only to conclude this is the norm. Why don't more people run collisions off at least ? I do best in those setups to be honest.
Running with collisions off isn't a race. It's a multi lap time trial.
Just need to find a decent group of guys to fit yourself into.
I've had many great clean races.
 
In the last days I have barely been in a "dirty" lobby, it really just depends on in what lobby you're in and on how the lobby host reacts to those who actually do crashes.
And just keep in mind that crashes also happen without intention. So don't give up too soon.
 
It's all about finding a bunch of like minded players. Most people are clean racers with the odd troublemaker.

Just be prepared for the lap time difference. :)
 
People can't drive online watch out
 
Stay away from most street cars at Nurburgring lobbies
 
Stay away from most street cars at Nurburgring lobbies
Why do you say that?

My little club, "Fast Slow Car Club" runs pretty much every night @ 400pp sports softs at type v. Clean racing or kick.

Monday nights are 500pp American rear drive cars, 'Monday Muscle' track varies.
 
You have an organized club for it, I meant the average public Nurburgring lobby filled with M3's and heavy boost on :scared:
 
You have an organized club for it, I meant the average public Nurburgring lobby filled with M3's and heavy boost on :scared:
Ah, yes and probably with race soft tires with skid recovery force on. Those rooms suck.

I would call my lobby very loosely organized. I get 4-5 repeats a night and the rest are stragglers.
 
Honestly, Xbox and Forza ruined online racing for me because I can not deal with the attitudes, and poor sportsmanship. Not to mention he crash up derby at the first turn of every race.

I have not given gt6 a chance at all. I have only hopped on a few times and ended up in a crash up derby again only to conclude this is the norm. Why don't more people run collisions off at least ? I do best in those setups to be honest.

My biggest problem in any online racing game like Forza or Gt is having the right cars in the right PP range. Can anyone tell me what I should have at ready to be able to enjoy most online rooms. I do not plan to tune much except in areas of engine power and gear box.

One of the fun factors of GT(6) is trying to find out which car in required PP range is fastest for you. You are doing hotlapings? So do it and find out which car is the best for you. A win-win situation.

And because GT6 has anti-ram system (auto-ghosting to escape being slammed into the back), usually first corner issues are minimal.

Online racing is where you get most fun, definitely much better than any SinglePlayer gaming mode. Just play more and you'll like it in the long term.

Also, the higher level of players, the less crashes and dirty racing happen. So look for rooms with minimal aids allowed (especially with skid recovery force off) and you won't have any such issues
 
If you don't want to tune much, try some stock car racing. We use 100% untuned cars at CSE (link in my signature). We also try our best to race clean & respectfully.


👍
 
Honestly, Xbox and Forza ruined online racing for me because I can not deal with the attitudes, and poor sportsmanship. Not to mention he crash up derby at the first turn of every race.

I have not given gt6 a chance at all. I have only hopped on a few times and ended up in a crash up derby again only to conclude this is the norm. Why don't more people run collisions off at least ? I do best in those setups to be honest.

My biggest problem in any online racing game like Forza or Gt is having the right cars in the right PP range. Can anyone tell me what I should have at ready to be able to enjoy most online rooms. I do not plan to tune much except in areas of engine power and gear box.
I find most online gaming to be troublesome at best. In GT5, the only way I could guarantee a good clean lobby, was to host it myself. You have to be prepared to receive abusive messages from people you've kicked. I regularly work in a dockyard, so the language used is like water off a ducks back, to me.

I've not done as much online in GT6 as I'd like, I rarely bother with offline. You will find good lobbies, you just need to search around and try out a few. Good guidelines are to see if the PP and tyre restrictions used by the host are applicable. If you see a 450PP room, where everyone is running RS tyres with SRF turned on, then move onto to the next. Our 450PP room was restricted to SH tyres, with tyre wear on and grip set to real, plus only ABS and driving line available. This takes care of most of the undesirables, as they tend to rage quit after spending half a lap bouncing off the barriers.

Persevere, there are good lobbies out there. Try to find those run by people within this community, you'll find most (if not all) of them race fairly and cleanly.

In terms of what cars you should have available, that depends on how serious you are about your racing. Pretty much without exception, MR cars will be the fastest, closely followed by FR and 4WD. FWD comes a lowly last, so you'll find me driving them more often than not :sly:

{Cy}
 
There are definitely good lobies out there. And many of them. You only need to search a bit, which I think its not much to ask.
 
I find most online gaming to be troublesome at best. In GT5, the only way I could guarantee a good clean lobby, was to host it myself. You have to be prepared to receive abusive messages from people you've kicked. I regularly work in a dockyard, so the language used is like water off a ducks back, to me.

I've not done as much online in GT6 as I'd like, I rarely bother with offline. You will find good lobbies, you just need to search around and try out a few. Good guidelines are to see if the PP and tyre restrictions used by the host are applicable. If you see a 450PP room, where everyone is running RS tyres with SRF turned on, then move onto to the next. Our 450PP room was restricted to SH tyres, with tyre wear on and grip set to real, plus only ABS and driving line available. This takes care of most of the undesirables, as they tend to rage quit after spending half a lap bouncing off the barriers.

Persevere, there are good lobbies out there. Try to find those run by people within this community, you'll find most (if not all) of them race fairly and cleanly.

In terms of what cars you should have available, that depends on how serious you are about your racing. Pretty much without exception, MR cars will be the fastest, closely followed by FR and 4WD. FWD comes a lowly last, so you'll find me driving them more often than not :sly:

{Cy}
This is pretty much my take on it too. Your best bet is to diligently search for good room, expect a lot of failures, but when you find a good host, send them an FR and look for them next time you are online. After doing this many, many times, you'll have a few good racers on your list. Send FR's to those you have good races with as well, because if they race you clean, chances are that's the kind of racing they enjoy, and when you find them online, they'll be in good rooms and you can join them.

Outside of leagues, that's pretty much the only way to get good racing online, because frankly, most of it is horrible.
 
This is pretty much my take on it too. Your best bet is to diligently search for good room, expect a lot of failures, but when you find a good host, send them an FR and look for them next time you are online. After doing this many, many times, you'll have a few good racers on your list. Send FR's to those you have good races with as well, because if they race you clean, chances are that's the kind of racing they enjoy, and when you find them online, they'll be in good rooms and you can join them.

Outside of leagues, that's pretty much the only way to get good racing online, because frankly, most of it is horrible.
This, this, and more this.


Whenever you find a clean racer(doesn't even need to be the host), immediately send them a FR. This way, you can find them next time you're online. And since you know they are clean, they will most likely be in a good lobby. Keep doing this until you have a good list of people built up.
 
Wow, thanks for all the replies. Plenty for me to go on and lots of great ideas to help avoid frustration. Thx !
 
My PSN is yadeegson. I am only in clean lobbies and usually every afternoon/night in the EST. Don't be afraid to PM others, it sounds like you've already found a few clean racers right in here :)
 
I find most online gaming to be troublesome at best. In GT5, the only way I could guarantee a good clean lobby, was to host it myself. You have to be prepared to receive abusive messages from people you've kicked. I regularly work in a dockyard, so the language used is like water off a ducks back, to me.

I've not done as much online in GT6 as I'd like, I rarely bother with offline. You will find good lobbies, you just need to search around and try out a few. Good guidelines are to see if the PP and tyre restrictions used by the host are applicable. If you see a 450PP room, where everyone is running RS tyres with SRF turned on, then move onto to the next. Our 450PP room was restricted to SH tyres, with tyre wear on and grip set to real, plus only ABS and driving line available. This takes care of most of the undesirables, as they tend to rage quit after spending half a lap bouncing off the barriers.

Persevere, there are good lobbies out there. Try to find those run by people within this community, you'll find most (if not all) of them race fairly and cleanly.

In terms of what cars you should have available, that depends on how serious you are about your racing. Pretty much without exception, MR cars will be the fastest, closely followed by FR and 4WD. FWD comes a lowly last, so you'll find me driving them more often than not :sly:

{Cy}


Though I agree the MR are usually quickest around most tracks, there is exceptions for FF: Focus ST170 is decent, the Spoon Civic is 'cheat car'.

I think what every person here is trying to say is steer clear of:

Rooms that allow SRF
Rooms that allow Race tires for street cars
Any room listed as dirty.

Look for:

Srf locked out
Comfort or sports tires on street cars, or race tires on race cars.
Small field, less than 12. More thsn 10 becomes bumper cars especially on small courses.
 
I started online last night, wasn't a great experience tbh quite laggy with full 1-2 sec screen freezes , but I was still fastest non Formula GT time poster. Surprised myself since I only hot lap on 6 and there is no competition vs Ai
 
I started online last night, wasn't a great experience tbh quite laggy with full 1-2 sec screen freezes , but I was still fastest non Formula GT time poster. Surprised myself since I only hot lap on 6 and there is no competition vs Ai
Those screen freezes happen when someone enters the pits.
 
Those screen freezes happen when someone enters the pits.
Still? I read that when it first went online didn't know it still happened just assumed it was the Brazilian that joined a room full of Brits he may have had a factor.... Well what can I say about that :grumpy:
 
Still? I read that when it first went online didn't know it still happened just assumed it was the Brazilian that joined a room full of Brits he may have had a factor.... Well what can I say about that :grumpy:
the screen jumps/freezes are common when someone joins the track while in practice. it is also common to have lag when there is people from other countries join the room. those lag jumps can be entertaining, until you are struck by the car as it jumps.
 
I gave up looking for clean racing in GT6 pretty quickly. The one time I found a good room doing something I'd be interested in (kei endurace at Matterhorn short) I was slammed off-course on the first corner. I get booted from nearly every room I join because my connection is often so poor that people slam into my smoking, lagging car by accident :lol:. Occasionally I just enter a no-rules, intentionally dirty race, because that way everyone and everything is fair, though I mostly just play offline.
 
Clean racing lobbies can be found pretty easily. Look for Penalties to be On[weak or strong].

Sure there are clowns in every room but they're rarely fast and can be overtaken in short order.
 
Lo, why do everyone Say To stay out of rs and full aids rooms?
I Mean, i know that there are many Kids who will break your balls(and your car) in those rooms, but at least for me, i dont find so many noobs, at least in Monza rooms the nos is always off and the noobs always finish plowing the grass
 
Back