After deleting the game, will the photos still exist and be saved?

• Thread starter bunguang
  • 3 comments
China
China
bunguang
After 1-year update, the size of the whole GTS game is too big for my PS4 slim.....
Thus, I want to delete the GTS for a while, to spare some room for the other games.
However, what concerns me most is photos I shot in the game, and I am not sure whether the photo is saved in the savedata or in the game itself.
After deleting the game, will the photos in the media still exist and be saved?

If you have the save data on the hard drive, yes. You can also upload data to the cloud with PS plus if you have it) and shared photos will be available on gran-turismo.com. The game, or application is different to save data.

If you have the save data on the hard drive, yes
Sorry, but this is incorrect. For some reason, which escapes all logic, Scape/Race photos and replays are stored with the game files (those installed from disc or digital download, and subsequent updates). If you delete the installed game files you will also delete photos that haven't been exported or uploaded to gran-turismo.com, as well as replays that haven't been uploaded to gran-turismo.com.

I know this through hard experience because I had to delete and re-install the game after falling victim to the black menu screen bug about 6 or 7 months ago.

Things that are stored with the games user save data (and thus survive a deletion/reinstall) are user settings, your garage, your car setups and liveries.

Back