After driving the X1

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoseBaiona
  • 21 comments
  • 2,115 views
Messages
250
Messages
JoseBaiona
When i go back to road cars (enzo, mclaren f1, speed 12 etc.) i feel like these cars handling is terrible, i feel like the wheel doesn't turn the wheels :lol:

It feels like these cars are trucks when it comes to handling and cornering.

Does this happen to anyone else?
 
When i go back to road cars (enzo, mclaren f1, speed 12 etc.) i feel like these cars handling is terrible, i feel like the wheel doesn't turn the wheels :lol:

It feels like these cars are trucks when it comes to handling and cornering.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Well.. considering I just got it for X-Mas, I'm not nearly as far into it as some of you but... what you describe is the same as driving the F1 cars in GT4. They are just FAR superior to everything ! Making everything else seem like it sucks. Simple as that. Seems not much has changed with the newest version.
 
havent used the x1 yet, but this is happening to me with the F10. i cant imagine how it will be with the X1.
 
YES, makes everything feel so damn slow, but you'll adjust with a little time.
 
Yep.

Then you first drive the X1 after driving a normal car, it's like "woah..." and you're all over the place.

It's like James May/Jeremy Clarkson (mods can put whoever is correct-I forgot lol) after they drove the Bugatti Veyron-50mph was like standing still.
 
I 'think' they both said it, Clarkson during the race in which he used it and May when doing the Top Speed test.

Renrag
 
It doesn't even have to be a Veyron. I once gave my friend a ride. We were driving 60 mph, then accelerated to 120 and then slowed down again. I had my friend guessing when we were doing 60 mph again. He guessed it was when we were doing 90.
 
yes, happen to me too. but there is a good thing. now i can lap my fgt faster because i feel it is slow.
 
I felt the same after gorging myself on F1 2010, GT5's cars felt slow for quite a while.
 
Agreed. After spending a lot of time in the X1, it takes a few laps to adapt to the slower cars again. The sense of speed can be highly addictive.
 
this can be changed really easily tbh. Just drive the citroen 2cv for a few laps and even a standard honda civic feels fast.
 
this can be changed really easily tbh. Just drive the citroen 2cv for a few laps and even a standard honda civic feels fast.

:lol: no doubt 👍
 
once online i was showing off my X2010's on Monza... then I went to change for a Lexus LFA... First corner tried to brake around the same distance the X2010 brakes... :banghead: Went straight into the wall... nearly full speed... 👎
 
once online i was showing off my X2010's on Monza... then I went to change for a Lexus LFA... First corner tried to brake around the same distance the X2010 brakes... :banghead: Went straight into the wall... nearly full speed... 👎

Same thing happened to me with my Enzo :lol:
 
When i go back to road cars (enzo, mclaren f1, speed 12 etc.) i feel like these cars handling is terrible, i feel like the wheel doesn't turn the wheels :lol:

It feels like these cars are trucks when it comes to handling and cornering.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Oh yes. The X1 is tighter than most other cars and much faster with much more grip.

I drove it the 172 laps on Suzuka and then went to the Ring in an Audi TT touring car. I was off track in almost every corner on the first lap. The problem was 3 fold.

1: Needed to turn the wheel more to get around a corner.
2: Much less grip in the corners
3: Was not aware how fast I was going as even at full speed it still seemed slow at first.

After a couple of laps I settled in and did fine with it but on that first lap I was thinking what a POS.
 
I was farming cash and xp with the X1 before doing the NASCAR championship.

NASCARs felt like dump trucks. :yuck:
 
When i go back to road cars (enzo, mclaren f1, speed 12 etc.) i feel like these cars handling is terrible, i feel like the wheel doesn't turn the wheels :lol:

It feels like these cars are trucks when it comes to handling and cornering.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Yep, exactly as you said. I had to adjust my driving to normal cars after that.
 
Getting the X1 tonight. Can't wait. Hoping it makes the FGT seem slow so I can finally finish that championship!
 
Considering its basically the Fastest, Best Handling and most powerful car in the game it'll make all cars seem slow. But driving it seems to cartoonish for me.
 
Back