After GT4??

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheChef
  • 14 comments
  • 793 views
Messages
47
I know im going to get shot down for asking this but... Id like to know before wasting my money! And you lot are racing game fans - so the best people to ask I guess! Ive got GT4 and love it! Loved the entire GT series although ive never had the patience to get 100%. I tend to waiver at about 60-80%. Currently on GT4 im at 48%. Only have 1 more thing I really wish to do in the game and that is complete mission 34. So for the next racing game. Is Enthusia a game worth while of purchasing? Or will I play it once then put GT4 back in?! the reason I ask in this forum is ive done a lot of looking on the net and ratings of the game range from 6/10 - 9/10 and theres no point asking a bias Enthusia forum so as GT4 is THE best racing game on the PS2 I was wondering how GT4 fans think it compares?
Thanks
 
Try renting it first and see if you like it? :dunce:
Also if you get bored so easily that you can't hang in and finish a game, good LUCK on Mission 34!!!
 
GT4 just gets a bit monotonous really - ive got, and raced all the cars I want and done all the races I want. The mission hall has definately prolonged my GT4 life buy about 2 months probably! And im nearly there with mission 34, since its a challenge I wont give up 'til i beat it!
 
The R89C should also extend your GT4 fun. Then try golding all licenses (yes, it is possible... if you can beat special conditions hall on hard, every single race, you can gold all licenses). Dont give up on GT4 yet if you're not done with it. As for the other game, rent it and see whether you like it or not
 
This is why I have a Gamefly subscription. I got Forza and played it three separate nights during a week long period but Enthusia only made it about an hour before it was back in the mailbox and I was sitting back down to play GT4.
 
Here's what happened with Enthusia for me...

Played it for a few days, then put it back in its case and on the shelf. Never touched it since then.

Game is good, but... it's no GT4.
 
ive been freaking out lately that GT4 isnt the best racing game out there as told by some people who say forza is better :nervous: :crazy: :sick:

in other words is forza better than GT4?
 
There is an entire forum on the topic where you can get just about every possible viewpoint (and many tips) on this game:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147

For me, it's been an interesting experience. This game is much harder than the GT series (although turning off all the assists in GT4 will give you some indication of what you're up against). I frankly have a love/hate relationship with the game, because it sometimes is tough and therefore not as enjoyable, but then is often more rewarding as a result. In the end, it is just different and you need to be prepared for that.

On the upside it shouldn't be an either/or proposition - just enjoy each for what they are and don't try to compare.
 
Papa_Smurf
ive been freaking out lately that GT4 isnt the best racing game out there as told by some people who say forza is better :nervous: :crazy: :sick:

in other words is forza better than GT4?


Forza is what I would play if I only had an Xbox, but I have a PS2 also and so I sent Forza back to Gamefly. As long as I have GT4 I don't have time for both and I enjoy GT4 more. Others disagree, but I like the entire feel of GT4 better.
 
TheChef
...Only have 1 more thing I really wish to do in the game and that is complete mission 34....


I never bothered to finish any of the GT series to 100% completion...no interest. What made me pick up GT3 again (before GT4 came out) was "LAN PLAY". Fighting it out with 5 other guys got me to pull the game off the shelf and brought another aspect to it. It was much easier with the "i-Link", but I just got a 2nd PS2 (w/Ethernet) and will try to get it working with GT4 this week.
 
eventhough there is a subforum for Enthusia:

people complain about the AI/competition on GT4, well in enthusia you can change the grid to whatever cars you like and tune them seperatly

There you have it; endless races with the competition you like (you can rerace entire Best Motoring battles for example)

DFP feedback:good
AI: OK, >GT
feel: good
graphics: OK

buy it: yes
 
My opinon for GT4 it gets a possible 8/10 :dopey: , Its awesome, But only if you got enough patience for most races. :) So in conclusion......Buy it! 👍
 
No matter how many complains I heard or what's the rating on this game, I still buy it. For me this GT4, THE game of racing, got to have no matter what. I tried Forza in a game store, it's a joke. That's all i am gonna say.
 
i tried forza at my friends house, Uh nurburgring look nothing like real life and everything is so orange,ewww. GT4 All the way.
 
Give Enthusia a rent first. Its physics may make you want to regret buying it if you don't want any serious physics beyond GT4. But hey, sims are were its at.

Enthusia is the best choice of a console sim right now, imo, and physics are beautiful and very spot on.

Racing it is great with perfect recreation of Best MOTORing battles as said, OR, create your own little Best MOTORing battles.

Personally, I play with the races, and use different cars in the races to see which car in the pack really has good acceleration.
The game can help you with this if you're having difficulty with a certain race in it.
Set-up the race as you would with the pack you're having problems with, and use different cars to to beat them.
 
Back