After Shift ill never moan about GT5 again.

• Thread starter KDW
  • 5 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

KDW

GTP_KDW
Don't get me wrong I was very much looking forward to Shift 2 as I quite enjoyed the first but as everyone else I ended up being very disappointed.
On first release I found the game to be pretty much unplayable.The grip reduction while turning and input lag was atrocious, the sound of the cars is awful and im pretty sure dangerous to speakers due to the audio clipping.Then there are the issues of freezing, slowdown and magnetic cars.
So when the updates came out and people where saying the input lag had gone and it was like a totally new game I got excited again but alas the only thing fixed was the ffb grip reduction and the awful input lag is still there and still makes the game unplayable, so I gave up on the game.
Having not played it for a few months I decided to go back to GT5 and I was shocked at how good this game feels to drive.Its light years ahead of Shift and is a complete pleasure to play.
A driving game should primarily be about driving.GT5 might lack a good damage model but its addictive and feels right.It made me realize just how bad shift is and how shoddy of a job SMS have done.
So as the title says after Shift I will never complain about GT5 again.

Sorry to hear it's not working for you man, seems like you gave it a fair chance. My experience has been quite the opposite though.

KDW, maybe the next patch solves the problems you're having. If you still have the game by then, obviously

I dont think it will solve his issues with the game... he doesnt like the sound FCOL and everyone agrees that it is 20 times better than GT5 in that area.
Its is opinion even though he didnt mencion that and stated is opinion like it was a fact - wich is not IMO.
A driving game is not much fun IMO but a racing game is and Shift also does a better job in that area than GT5 IMO... and that might be a little frustrating to some.... Unlike GT5 the faster the cars the harder it gets, just like IRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back