Aftermarket Exhausts in GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter WhiteSW20
  • 29 comments
  • 1,558 views
Messages
171
I know it's a little detail but it's something I'd really like to see

If they have official tuner shops as KY mentioned, maybe it's time to model the different exhausts pipes as well so when u buy a type of exhaust you'd actually see it installed on the car. I wouldn't think this will be a big problem for the modellers would it?

I know this is not a street racing game where u make ur ride all fancy looking but having a fully modified car with a dinky tailpipe that apparently sound like an exhaust with a 4 inch tip isn't very realistic is it?

Artz
 
WhiteSW20
I know it's a little detail but it's something I'd really like to see

If they have official tuner shops as KY mentioned, maybe it's time to model the different exhausts pipes as well so when u buy a type of exhaust you'd actually see it installed on the car. I wouldn't think this will be a big problem for the modellers would it?

I know this is not a street racing game where u make ur ride all fancy looking but having a fully modified car with a dinky tailpipe the apparently sound like an exhaust with a 4 inch tip isn't very realistic is it?

Artz
I love this idea. Especially for my fellow V8 guys to be able to buy Borla, Flowmaster, etc and listen to the beautiful music as we race. I always wanted this for a racing game and I hope PD implements that in the game. 👍
 
OMG!!!!! :) Nothing would make me happier than this being true!
 
hey little off topic.... but u think theeres goin to be body mods? (wing, exhaust, side skirt) but not to kill the game like Need for speed has.....that would be so kewl. but one thing that i hope they don't do is do wut they thet did in gt2, where it was onlt one or two desings when u got that upgrade for da outside of da car...
 
How about one fat 4 inch tip... how about going with 4 one-inch tips? :D (guessing in size, 2 inches is more like it lol)
 
RX-7_FC_DrIfteR
hey little off topic.... but u think theeres goin to be body mods? (wing, exhaust, side skirt) but not to kill the game like Need for speed has.....that would be so kewl. but one thing that i hope they don't do is do wut they thet did in gt2, where it was onlt one or two desings when u got that upgrade for da outside of da car...
I don't think so, but who knows?
 
RX-7_FC_DrIfteR
hey little off topic.... but u think theeres goin to be body mods? (wing, exhaust, side skirt) but not to kill the game like Need for speed has.....that would be so kewl. but one thing that i hope they don't do is do wut they thet did in gt2, where it was onlt one or two desings when u got that upgrade for da outside of da car...

they will probably NOT have body kits... I remember what KY said about GT3, he said if they made body kits, it would be similar to modelling another whole entire car. So they decided not to put it in. I think right now they'd rather give us more cars that put body kits on
 
RX-7_FC_DrIfteR
hey little off topic.... but u think theeres goin to be body mods? (wing, exhaust, side skirt) but not to kill the game like Need for speed has.....that would be so kewl. but one thing that i hope they don't do is do wut they thet did in gt2, where it was onlt one or two desings when u got that upgrade for da outside of da car...
No im pretty sure there ARENT going to be any body mods... its only been said a bajillion times.

BTW do you think youre E-Penos grows when you talk like that?:dunce:
 
okay.. get back to the exhaust part man... I think this is totally do-able
what do u guys think?
having stock exhaust on the car with race car sound = someone punched a hole in ur exhaust or sth
 
Ya sorry got a little side tracked.

Ya it should be do-able. They only have to make like 5-10 diffrent exhausts and just copy paste on to every car (im dumbing it down..... i know you dont copy and paste)

Correct me if im wrong.
 
yeah, that bugs me seeing the stock mufflers still on. I'd be happy if they just put one oval style muffler in. ANYTHING to replace the pea shooter
 
Yeah I think it's completely doable. And if it's included, I would be playing GT4 forever. :drool:
 
Hell I really don't care if the muffler looks like the real thing once upgraded just have like 15 mufflers and rotate them, I just don't want to buy some racing muffler and have it look like that little pea shooter.
 
Well i for one will be playing it forever regardless if the exhausts are in or not.
 
Homer_SS
Well i for one will be playing it forever regardless if the exhausts are in or not.
Me too, but I meant I'll play just a little bit longer. You know what I mean. :sly:
 
I for one, dont wanna see it, it would be completely cool to see. How they are going slow enough, Im ready to play the game. 650 cars, you know how long it would take, to buy every type of exhaust for these cars, and sound tape em, I mean thats like a 5 year job. Just make it a good solid Gran turismo platform game, and send it out.
 
Lipid Sama
I for one, dont wanna see it, it would be completely cool to see. How they are going slow enough, Im ready to play the game. 650 cars, you know how long it would take, to buy every type of exhaust for these cars, and sound tape em, I mean thats like a 5 year job. Just make it a good solid Gran turismo platform game, and send it out.
Well with all of the delays, I figured they have enough time to do all of those cars exhaust. :sly:
 
Lipid Sama
I for one, dont wanna see it, it would be completely cool to see. How they are going slow enough, Im ready to play the game. 650 cars, you know how long it would take, to buy every type of exhaust for these cars, and sound tape em, I mean thats like a 5 year job. Just make it a good solid Gran turismo platform game, and send it out.


Like I said before what harm would it do to just make the muffler look different and then just synthize the sound. Hell I have software right here on my piece of a computer that could make fairly accurate exhaust sounds. In fact I have made a stillen sound for a G35 and it did sound pretty good. So PD could do that because I'm sure they have better computers :)
 
Agreed......

But its not as easy as you think. Certain cars change soudn COMPLETELY after an exhaust swap....... you cant really synthesize most of these sounds. If theyre gonna come up with garbage fake sounds, id rather them to ditch this idea.

But on the other hand i think they did do this in gt3. When you upgrade i think the sound of the car gets slightly more aggressive?
 
Homer_SS
Agreed......

But its not as easy as you think. Certain cars change soudn COMPLETELY after an exhaust swap....... you cant really synthesize most of these sounds. If theyre gonna come up with garbage fake sounds, id rather them to ditch this idea.

But on the other hand i think they did do this in gt3. When you upgrade i think the sound of the car gets slightly more aggressive?

Since, as people mentioned, there ain't enough time to record all the exhausts with all the cars. And we know for SURE there will be exhaust mods they're gonna used synthesized sounds anyway so why not just make the car visually different? It'd be a nice bonus even if they didn't painstakingly held a mic to each car with all different exhausts and recorded it.

Yes in the end we'll have to see what happens. But personally I would even doubt that they'll do this, possibly because of clipping issues with bumpers and the exhaust tips since not all aftermarket exhausts fit nicely and needs cosmetic changes to the bumper.

Artz
 
I wouldnt call it aggressive,
it sounds...wierd?
Not louder, and not deeper either.

Most of my car's dont have the muffler/exhaust mod simply cause they sound alot more realistic standard
 
Actually what you hear through an aftermarket exhaust is a lot closer to hearing the Engine O natural (open ports) than with a stock exhaust. The stock one is suppose to supress and quiet the noise of the engine. I hardly call that "realistic".
But its all about preference.
 
Hmm, I seem to remember something about the body mods being IN GT4. But they have taken way more important things out so who knows if they are still doing it. I believe it was in a GT4 video from gamespot, where an editor or something went to their (PD's) HQ and saw their setup. People programming, talking about how they actually live there and the red-eyed host dude for PD points out that they are working with NISMO on somethings, and points to an aftermarket bumper....anyway.

Edit: But then again, I read that it (the bumper) was a trophy given to Polyphony somewhere.
 
Homer_SS
Actually what you hear through an aftermarket exhaust is a lot closer to hearing the Engine O natural (open ports) than with a stock exhaust. The stock one is suppose to supress and quiet the noise of the engine. I hardly call that "realistic".
But its all about preference.
Very true statements. The stock mufflers are junk and decrease hp. (unless they are from Porshce, Ferrari, Lamborghini. I don't think they'll restrict their engines performance.)
 
I think by Tuners, PD means groups like Mugen, Mazdaspeed, TOM's etc. If aftermarket kits are going to be a part of GT4 I hope they're not going to be a big part and, like NOS, maybe only limited to modes such as Drag Strip. I don't particularly want to enter an Enduro against some guy who car makes him look like a poser because I'll end up trying to drive him off the road and end up losing myself.
 
Yeah, great Idea. That would fit to the better sounds.
So i want Dragon Exhausts ;)
 
Different Exhaust models would be great. But I don't think they can realistically provide different modesl accurately, more for licensing reasons. HKS, Blitz, Apexi, and Kakimoto will probably make it into the game, as they are all major players in the tuning game in Japan. But what about, say for example, Magnex or Mongoose? They cater for most common European sporty cars. It would be mad seeing a Renault with a Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust!!!

On the body mods, I don't know about big body kits for styling, but GT wings will be available as an option on certain models. That was revealed at TGS.
 
On the body mods, I don't know about big body kits for styling, but GT wings will be available as an option on certain models. That was revealed at TGS.

GT wings? just custom ones pd have made or something? i would love putting a custom exhaust on a car. maybe if they did implement this aspect they could let you test the exhaust for performance and what you think of the sound before buying it? after all, who wants a car that wheezes(say it aloud, it works :))........wwawwawwwawwwwwwweeeeeeeEEEEEE(change to 2nd)aaawwwwwweeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEE..........lol :)
 
GT2 and 3 had a "wheelshop", so it shouldn't be more difficult to have a "muffler shop" as long as they don't overdo it.
 
Biased turkey
GT2 and 3 had a "wheelshop", so it shouldn't be more difficult to have a "muffler shop" as long as they don't overdo it.
Yes but a wheel sop is just a couple more polygons to model and there prettymuch universal, but for mufflers you would need to model them AND record sounds or tune differently for each exhaust. ALOT more work.
 
Back