Aftermarket Stereo Help

United States
Houston, TX
astrosdude91
I'm looking to replace my Toyota Tundra's factory head unit and speakers. There really isn't anything wrong with the factory stereo, but I want something nicer. I have a few needs though.

1. I don't want to break the bank. So I don't need a $500 touch screen setup. Something at a good price while still remaining decent in quality.

2. CD player and at least an AUX jack are a must. USB is ideal, but not required.

3. Since it's a truck, there isn't much room for a subwolfer. What are my options in that department?

4. I won't be doing any ghetto blasting through the streets. But I would still like some speakers at a good price that maintain quality if I want to crank up the volume a bit.

If anyone has any knowledge and experience with aftermarket stereos, please comment. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, guys!

Ummm what exactly do you want to spend? I can recommend you a lot. Just let me know a total amount I will look some stuff up while I wait for your reply.

I will tell you right now though if you are wanting subs you are most likely going to want slim boxes.

Also... If you want to replace door speakers. Do you know if they are 6"x9" or 4"

Last edited:
Ok probably should have included a budget. I'm trying to keep it under $200. As for the speaker size, I'm not too sure. I'll have to get back to you on that.

astrosdude91
Ok probably should have included a budget. I'm trying to keep it under $200. As for the speaker size, I'm not too sure. I'll have to get back to you on that.

200?

Hummmm that is going to be a challenge. Trying to find you a head unit that will last you a long time.

With that budget you might have to wait on a amp and sub.

You might want to do a head unit and door speakers replacement for right now. Which is easy for you to do.

Which if you did a amp and sub you probably would want a professional installation (for it being done right and professionally wired). So basically that is expensive.

Give me a second and i will show you a link or two on some head units

23915ABA-103B-433D-8564-28C6939A7E02-1321-0000007BB2E77DAD.jpg

Sharky.
I have this unit (CDE-121E) in my car, works great. iPod control does exactly what it should, radio lacks RDS but that's a minor thing if you primarily use the USB/aux connectivity like I do :) Highly recommended if on a budget.

Gotta love Alpine.

Latest Posts

Back