Again Thrustmaster T500RS broken second wheel in 3 years and one month :(

Belgium
Gent Ghent Gand
svenvangent968
First one was a T300 RS after 1 year and 3 month was it broken ( pedals that came with the T300 RS were broken after 6 month ) , bought the T500 RS Thrustmaster in the hope it would be better/stronger and ok they worked 5 month longer than my T300 RS but still dammit .

If I may give you some advice you still do what you want but don't buy a thrustmaster wheel .

Lucky it is still in my guaranty ( still 2 months left ) so it will hopefully be fixed .

I tried to play with the gamepad :eek: oooooo boy what a mess to drive the cars in GT Sport way to sensible .
To give you a example , yesterday with the new Ferrari F50 on the new Tokyo Expressway ZL I could do a 2 min a lap with my steering wheel , today I tried with the gamepad and I could do maximum with hitting the walls way to much a 2.O8.OOO .
Sad moment for human kind and me :boggled::D

Last edited:
What settings do you run it with?
What do you mean Thomas ?
Is there a possibility to change the sensibility of the gamepad ?
Because if I go to my option in the game there is only a choice to shoose between gamepad one or two were you can change some button mapping to your likeness .

Last edited:
Sorry I meant the wheel, was wondering hiw your wheels were breaking.
It started yesterday with the calibration of the wheel , it did already strange and what I thought could happen happened today .
The steering wheel while turning to the right had a hard crack but this happen to the T300 RS also .
The wheel is ready to take it to the shop tomorrow to repair and hopefully it doesn't take to long , I think it will take 3 weeks not sure .
Regards settings for my wheel in the game these are Max K 10 Sen force feedback now 3 but if the car doesn't shake I would set it on 9 but the last weeks I left it on 3 .
Any way I just see that you can change the sensibility of the gamepad in the option lets see if this works and give me a better feeling .

Last edited:
Change the sensibility for the gamepad to 7 you go real loco , you set it on -2 and have a feeling of driving in a square way of speaking there is no good of progression while turning .
So now we have to wait until the master that I don't thrust fix my wheel .
I feel like a junkie who needs his drugs I can't do no laps :crazy:
Lucky I could taste the new candy's and track from the new update for a while .

It started yesterday with the calibration of the wheel did already strange and what I thought would happen happens today .
The steering wheel while turning to the right had a hard crack but this happen to the T300 RS also .
The wheel is ready to take it to the shop tomorrow to repair and hopefully it doesn't take to long , I think it will take 3 weeks not sure .
Regards settings for my wheel in the game these are Max K 10 Sen force feedback now 3 but if the car doesn't shake I would set it on 9 but the last weeks I left it on 3 .
Any way I just see that you can change the sensibility of the gamepad in the option lets see if this works and give me a better feeling .

I’ve had my T500 for just over 4.5 years and I’ve never had a problem. Occasionally it fails to calibrate properly but turning the wheel from lock to lock always fixes this. I usually have my FFB set fairly low around 20-40% depending on game or car ( I use 3 tourqe and 10 sensitivity in GTS, tourqe on 2 for karts). Most games seem to cause clipping when turned all the way up, loose detail and the FFB starts to fade after a while. You should make sure that you are not pulling on the wheel or pushing down, I’ve seen people doing this and I’m sure it shortens the life of the wheel.

I’ve had my T500 for just over 4.5 years and I’ve never had a problem. Occasionally it fails to calibrate properly but turning the wheel from lock to lock always fixes this. I usually have my FFB set fairly low around 20-40% depending on game or car ( I use 3 tourqe and 10 sensitivity in GTS, tourqe on 2 for karts). Most games seem to cause clipping when turned all the way up, loose detail and the FFB starts to fade after a while. You should make sure that you are not pulling on the wheel or pushing down, I’ve seen people doing this and I’m sure it shortens the life of the wheel.
I knew this would come anyway nothing against you personal Leggacy before we fall in misunderstandings but ......
In a matter of speaking ( by the way for the settings of the FFB you are right I knew this )
Ok ...
In a matter of speaking I repeat .. in a matter of speaking if some one play"s for 5min every week with his steering wheel ( or only the weekends ) sure the wheel will have a longer life time than someone who play's daily 2 a 3 hours a day .
I don't see myself pulling or pushing my wheel down it is intent to turn with a wheel .

Last edited:
Just curious, what were you doing when it broke?

I only ask because I had to replace a T300 after the first day playing FM6 apex. I spun the wheel outside of a race, which made it break - in that game the belts/internals are extremely tight off-track. I don't remember any other game that did that, I could always spin the wheel freely (maybe not supposed to do that?).

Something that I have noted started /while plying GT Sport is when you hit a wall the impact on the steering wheel is reasonable hard .

Just curious, what were you doing when it broke?

I only ask because I had to replace a T300 after the first day playing FM6 apex. I spun the wheel outside of a race, which made it break - in that game the belts/internals are extremely tight off-track. I don't remember any other game that did that, I could always spin the wheel freely (maybe not supposed to do that?).
Ready to take my turn to the right and ..... boem pattat crack but 1 hours before it was already harder to turn the wheel .

Ready to take my turn to the right and ..... boem pattat crack but 1 hours before it was already harder to turn the wheel .

Hmmm... maybe that early tightness is a sign of what's to come. I haven't tried Apex again to see if it normal for it to be tight in menus.

Hmmm... maybe that early tightness is a sign of what's to come. I haven't tried Apex again to see if it normal for it to be tight in menus.
It started yesterday evening while doing some grinding , I had already done some races/driving when it became midnight after watching some snooker on TV I said to myself lets do another race for the only reason to have the 42 km so I could see what would be on the corrupted spinning wheel/table and see which duplicated car that the table would give .
I turned the PS4 Pro on and let the wheel calibrate , when the wheel was turning I saw that the wheel was not calibrating right .
Any way started to race against the AI in GT League and suddenly the wheel was much harder to turn while taking the corners and from that moment I knew this was no good .

I knew this would come anyway nothing against you personal Leggacy before we fall in misunderstandings but ......
In a matter of speaking ( by the way for the settings of the FFB you are right I knew this )
Ok ...
In a matter of speaking I repeat .. in a matter of speaking if some one play"s for 5min every week with his steering wheel ( or only the weekends ) sure the wheel will have a longer life time than someone who play's daily 2 a 3 hours a day .
I don't see myself pulling or pushing my wheel down it is intent to turn with a wheel .
I use my wheel often and for 3-4 hours at a time sometimes longer, not every day but most. I’ve done 30,000 miles in gts sport alone. That’s not counting all the other racing games I play. So is not like my wheel never gets used.
I’ve know quite a few people that have had problems with t300 one guy has gone through 3 of them and has now gone over to Fanatec. Im not sure if this is just randomly bad build quality or if it’s to do with how the wheel it’s self has been mounted, it’s hard to tell.
Btw, the pad sensitivity can be lowered in the settings, and yeah going from wheel to pad sucks. I hope your next wheel lasts longer.

I use my wheel often and for 3-4 hours at a time sometimes longer, not every day but most. I’ve done 30,000 miles in gts sport alone. That’s not counting all the other racing games I play. So is not like my wheel never gets used.
I’ve know quite a few people that have had problems with t300 one guy has gone through 3 of them and has now gone over to Fanatec. Im not sure if this is just randomly bad build quality or if it’s to do with how the wheel it’s self has been mounted, it’s hard to tell.
Btw, the pad sensitivity can be lowered in the settings, and yeah going from wheel to pad sucks. I hope your next wheel lasts longer.
It will be the same wheel I think if they can fix it sadly perhaps a new one :D who knows .
Nightmare to play with a gamepad if you come from a wheel , all have to wait until my wheel has been fixed ( if so ) .
How long do you have GT Sport or are logged in with GT Sport this just to compare with mine and perhaps I can understand why ?

Last edited:
I do think max feedback is a bit excessive, my T150 is set at three and its already heavier than any car I’ve ever driven and thats with a weaker motor, I’ve no idea what the equivalent would be for T300.

My T150 has been going for 2 years now now issues except for a noiser turn when moving the wheel left compared to right.

It would make sense that the bigger the Force Feedback setting the more stress that is being put on the unit as a whole, and therefore more likely to breakdown through use.

It will be the same wheel I think if they can fix it sadly perhaps a new one :D who knows .
Nightmare if you come from a wheel have to wait until my wheel be fixed .
How long do you have GT Sport or are logged in with GT Sport this just to compare with mine and perhaps I can understand why ?
I’ve been playing scince day one and I played the closed beta

I do think max feedback is a bit excessive, my T150 is set at three and its already heavier than any car I’ve ever driven and thats with a weaker motor, I’ve no idea what the equivalent would be for T300.

My T150 has been going for 2 years now now issues except for a noiser turn when moving the wheel left compared to right.

It would make sense that the bigger the Force Feedback setting the more stress that is being put on the unit as a whole, and therefore more likely to breakdown through use.
Yes the more force feedback if you play a lot at the end will kill the machine but if you pay 400 Euro's for the T500 RS you might expect to have a longer life time but it seems not to be .

Last edited:
I’ve been playing scince day one and I played the closed beta
Yes I thought that could be a reason why my wheel has been broken it can't handle the amount of time playing , to give you a idea I have 43985 km or 27331 miles in 74 day's in GT Sport not speaking from the time I have played Assetto Corsa .

I don't want to come off as arrogant, but just buy a Fanatec CSL Elite if you have the chance.

Best thing I did when my T300 Ferrari broke down and I got a full refund. The pedals that come with the CSL just won't break down and the wheel is so much smoother and runs at 1000 herz instead of the 500 Thrustmaster uses, so it also responds quicker. But of course it all comes down to personal preference (and maybe the amount of money you've already invested in the Thrustmaster realm).

Good luck to you!

I don't want to come off as arrogant, but just buy a Fanatec CSL Elite if you have the chance.

Best thing I did when my T300 Ferrari broke down and I got a full refund. The pedals that come with the CSL just won't break down and the wheel is so much smoother and runs at 1000 herz instead of the 500 Thrustmaster uses, so it also responds quicker. But of course it all comes down to personal preference (and maybe the amount of money you've already invested in the Thrustmaster realm).

Good luck to you!
First gonna see when the wheel has been fixed how things work out .
Yes that is one of my idea to when I have to buy a new wheel going on the pad with Fanatec .
Never Thrustmaster wheel any more .

Last edited:
That stinks to have two wheels break on you. I've have 2 wheels since 2011, a T500 and now a T300, without major issues in that time. The T500 would calibrate incorrectly some times but that was easily correctable.

The wheel is in the hospital and the doctor speaks about 2 or 3 weeks ( like I thought ) .
First week for observation .
Second week for reparation and modification .
Third week ( if so) for relaxation and if it is well repaired for admiration and excellent work they have done ( let hope so ) .
Than there should be a fun call from Mister Doctoooor to that idiot who can't wait to have his wheel back .
They also speak about a new wheel if it can't be repaired ..... I wouldn't mine .
Now back to the gamepad ooo boy .

Last edited:
Back