Ahoy, fellow drivers!

• Thread starter Guisouro
  • 26 comments
Brazil
Joinville, SC
Rashvard
Ahoy, fellow drivers!

How did you find GTPlanet?
I got here searching for Driving Force GT mods.

Where are you from?
I'm from Brazil. Currently live in a city called Joinville.

When did you start playing the Gran Turismo games?
I've played Gran Turismo since the first one. Played a lot of the 2nd one, and now I'm getting back in the game (with GT5).

Do you play with a steering wheel?
Not yet. But already ordered mine... in some days I will be able to use it.

What other games do you enjoy?
I really enjoy the Dirt and Flatout series. Aside from racing games, anything that has a cooperative mode.

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community, now that you're a part of this site?
Read more about the driving wheels. Who knows what more I can find here! Nice to meet you all!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
Welcome to :gtplanet:! What wheel did you order by the way?
Ordered the Logitech Driving Force GT. Since it's my first console wheel (I've played a lot of racing games in arcade cabinets when younger: Sega Rally, Daytona USA, Cruising USA/World, Sega GT, etc), decided to go with more like of a entry level one (but must admit I did felt a strong urge to order the G27 right of the bat... but they are pretty expensive where I live; about 400 US dollars).

I found my G27 for us $250 with 2-year warranty online after some extensive searching. After using the DFGT for the first time last weekend, I must say it's worth a little extra for the G27, especially for the pedals. With the DFGT the first thing you'll want to do is mod the spring in the brake pedal for more resistance (there is virtually none)

Also welcome to GTPlanet! :)

I found my G27 for us $250 with 2-year warranty online after some extensive searching. After using the DFGT for the first time last weekend, I must say it's worth a little extra for the G27, especially for the pedals. With the DFGT the first thing you'll want to do is mod the spring in the brake pedal for more resistance (there is virtually none)

Also welcome to GTPlanet! :)
Thanks!

A way to make the pedal more resistant was precisely what got me here (in the forums). Thing is, here in Brazil you will pay A LOT for a product like that (since it's not officially sold here directly by Logitech) or be subjected to 100%+ taxes (if importing from other countries; the $250 deal you got would cost me around $540 dollars). I've paid R$430 (around $200 US dollars) for my DFGT. That being said, I also think is overkill for a amateur like me to start racing with a wheel like that. So I will mod, use and abuse my DFGT before buying a G27.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Ordered the Logitech Driving Force GT. Since it's my first console wheel (I've played a lot of racing games in arcade cabinets when younger: Sega Rally, Daytona USA, Cruising USA/World, Sega GT, etc), decided to go with more like of a entry level one (but must admit I did felt a strong urge to order the G27 right of the bat... but they are pretty expensive where I live; about 400 US dollars).
Sheesh. Well, at least I can say you won't be disappointed with the Driving Force GT wheel. It's the one I use, and no complaints. It does make one hell of a racket when it starts up, as it has to spin all 900 degrees or whatever it was, but that's about it. If I had the money I'd get a G27, but my Driving Force one has been doing the job lately.

Maybe we can race each other when you get yours. 💡

Maybe we can race each other when you get yours. 💡

Sure thing! I've deleted my GT5 save to start fresh with the wheel, and I imagine there will be some time getting used to. Will add your PSN ID next time I go online, so we can send each other invites/challenges.

Hello and welcome to gtplanet.

I also use a Driving Force GT steering wheel with brake mod and getting use to it took no time at all.
Just be aware about the steering feedback you get when exiting corners or you'll end up swerving out of control. Just giving you a heads up from someone who experienced it first-hand.

Ps if you need a descent car starting out I may be able to help with that no problem.

What brake mod did you guys use on the DFGT? The spring one, or some other?
Hello and welcome to gtplanet.

I also use a Driving Force GT steering wheel with brake mod and getting use to it took no time at all.
Just be aware about the steering feedback you get when exiting corners or you'll end up swerving out of control. Just giving you a heads up from someone who experienced it first-hand.

Ps if you need a descent car starting out I may be able to help with that no problem.

Thanks for the protip, hy65ty! About the car, if I remember right the GT5 XL edition I got comes with some good bonus cars (car, at least). But I will keep your offer in mind, thanks.

Sure thing! I've deleted my GT5 save to start fresh with the wheel, and I imagine there will be some time getting used to. Will add your PSN ID next time I go online, so we can send each other invites/challenges.

Sounds great, can't wait! :)👍

Also, I recommend you adding "hellraiser-14"
For some reason, I have my alt listed here, and not my main. So no need to add Kusuyi, just hellraiser-14.

All I did was carefully removed the back cover of the pedals taking note at where everything was located and tighten the spring by one turn then put it back together again.

I'll take mine apart and take pictures of the procedures I took tonight if you want.

All I did was carefully removed the back cover of the pedals taking note at where everything was located and tighten the spring by one turn then put it back together again.

I'll take mine apart and take pictures of the procedures I took tonight if you want.

I see. Thanks, but no need to take yours apart, I've seen the exact same procedure in a tutorial video this saturday. Is it a easy thing to put together? Also, won't it stress the pedal a little too much? As a Rock Band player (and Nerf Gun owner) my experience with plastic toys (that have springs inside) tells me that they tend to break (much quicker) if you put to much pressure. Most of the time they are just not designed for dealing with it.

Maybe I'm just a bit too worried. I trust you guys have a lot more experience and know the pros and cons of modifying this kind of stuff.

I've been playing with mine for almost a year now with it modified and I haven't had a problem yet.
Just as long as you don't stomp the brakes it should be alright.

Welcome to GTPlanet, I hope you'd be more familiar with the tips on steering wheels with which you're going to manipulate before long. :)

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone! :D
I've been playing with mine for almost a year now with it modified and I haven't had a problem yet.
Just as long as you don't stomp the brakes it should be alright.

I see. Guess I'm worrying too much, after all.

My wheel is here! Now I'm a happier man, player... driver! Playing on Trial Mountain (my favorite GT Track since the first games) is a wonderful experience.

2013-08-20%2011.58.15.jpg

Aaand... played a lot more today! This game is awesome.

If you going to take it apart, make sure you remember we're everything goes!

Decided to go with the small bungee cord mod. It's working wonders, and I didn't have to open it.

Back