• Thread starter Dumpy
  • 7 comments
United States
Austin, Tx, USA
DumpyWillis
DumpyWillis
Greetings GTPlanet.

I'll try and make this brief:

I've been lurking for years. I'm not big on any forums, but I finally made an account here around 8/2011.

I knew the existence of Gran Turismo since GT1, but I never owned the first Playstation. Fun Fact: My driving instructor and I played Gran Turismo when it was time to learn how to drive.

It wasn't until Gran Turismo 3 came out that I purchased the PS2 bundle. Soon I was looking very much toward GT4. Many years had passed and I finally acquired a Driving Force Pro. I loved it, but I found that setting up and using a wheel was an incredible hassle.

When GT5prologue came out, I got a PS3 and eventually purchased an Xlerator Wheel Stand. As a side note, that wheel stand is THE perfect beginners wheel stand. I loved it, and it made me play GT much more often. So much so that just this past holiday I treated myself to the VRC and a Logitech G27.

I like the VRC for it's 'open wheel' seating position as I am a fan of Codemasters F1 games as well. As of right now, I'm strictly as PS3 racer. At some point I may progress to the PC side, but I really enjoy the accessibility of the PS3 console.

May main goal in joining the GTPlanet community is to find and race within leagues and or to truly get some level competition. I'd like to try for the WRS events. I never find public rooms that... fit my needs.

I thank the community for the countless insight that I've gotten out of it so far. Looking forward to many races ahead.

Please feel free to add my PSN ID: GTP_Dumpy.

Back