Ai and Rain again. Test on 2.0PS4 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 7 comments
Italy
Italy
karsten_beoulve
Just for fun (and as training) i had some 20 laps races at Zolder. All with real damage, and all real settings.

Both races i run with ai at 100%. I won the first race after a brilliant battle by 0.5 seconds with third at 1.3 seconds.

Lap times were in high 32s-33s by race end.

Very satisfied i went to set the race to light rain and i expected a good race as in the first test.
Very wrong.

AI is still extremely fast on the wet lapping on low 1.36s... I stopped trained a good long deal in those weather conditions and restarted racing. Inters on and go!

Still no way, the ai has uber grip and managed from high 35s to 38s for the slowest... My best was in high 40s.

Thinking it was me being a slowpoke i asked my good fast friends for their times since we'll run tomorrow our serie race at Zolder.

Their times in the dry were in high 30-31s for the aliens (me and AI going in 32-33 so it's good and great), but in the wet the same fast guys and aliens at BEST get into high 38-39s, making the AI in same conditions (weather, day,time of the day) a good 2-3 seconds faster than aliens >_>

Anyone noticed that same problem? SMS said they fixed it, but did they fix it only in career mode? Or maybe it's just a problem of the "light rain" setting?

Is this problem already known by SMS?

"karsten"

On ps4 in the euro GT3 championship at Brno I had a very even battle with the Ai set at 80% which is what I use , after qualifying 2nd I managed to hold 3rd throughout the light rain conditions no problem . It seems like they have fixed it to me

I had a BMW 320 race at Imola the other night and it started to rain with two laps to go, nobody pitted and I had to really nurse the car around on slicks. Based on all the feedback I've seen about the AI in the wet I was expecting them to catch me and destroy me, but they struggled just as much, the cars behind me stayed the same gap as they were in the dry until the end of the race, even though I was really nursing the car. This showed me that the AI were fixed in certain circumstances.

I had a BMW 320 race at Imola the other night and it started to rain with two laps to go, nobody pitted and I had to really nurse the car around on slicks. Based on all the feedback I've seen about the AI in the wet I was expecting them to catch me and destroy me, but they struggled just as much, the cars behind me stayed the same gap as they were in the dry until the end of the race, even though I was really nursing the car. This showed me that the AI were fixed in certain circumstances.

Probably they have fixed it in real wet/storm but not in light rain?

If i have some time to burn i'll give it a try on worse track conditions and see if the AI is reasonably fast instead of impossibly fast... Are guys at sms aware of the isue?

Probably they have fixed it in real wet/storm but not in light rain?

If i have some time to burn i'll give it a try on worse track conditions and see if the AI is reasonably fast instead of impossibly fast... Are guys at sms aware of the isue?

No it was light rain which started to get heavier by the end of the last lap.

The one thing I think it apparent is that not all bugs affect all people in the same way. It's a shame really as (touch wood) I've not had any major bugs at all and I've played faultlessly from day one. Yet I know lots of people have had huge game ruining bugs and they can't enjoy it.

No it was light rain which started to get heavier by the end of the last lap.

The one thing I think it apparent is that not all bugs affect all people in the same way. It's a shame really as (touch wood) I've not had any major bugs at all and I've played faultlessly from day one. Yet I know lots of people have had huge game ruining bugs and they can't enjoy it.
Probably it was fine for you had variable weather instead of fixed weather like i used. Ai probably is fixed only in heavy rain or with "evolving" weather, and that might be the reason you didn't see anything strange

Back