AI auto pitting

  • Thread starter Thread starter Verbal
  • 12 comments
  • 2,235 views
Messages
276
I've just been checking in on my Bobs doing their first 24h race. They're at 14 hours now and have accumulated a much more massive lead than I'd have expected. Closer look shows the AI opponents are doing laps well over 4 minutes. After switching camera to the AI car in second place I found fresh tires, full tank but zero strength and the pit symbol. :odd:
Car pits, driver is changed for one that is equally knackered. Right after leaving, pit symbol turns on again. :dunce:

Well, I'm not complaining and couldn't care less whether the Bobs win by 2 or 20 laps. But to make the A spec version at least remotely challenging, you'll need a really slow car. :banghead:

I'm having a lot of fun with GT5, but so much of it feels rushed and untested.
Somehow like they had finished this great game after 5 years, lost all their data and had to redo it again in 3 months from memory and illegible scribblings on scraps of paper dug out of the trash...
 
Last edited:
Don't touch Pit Strategy, always keep it off.

Bob will pit when tires/fuel are running out.
 
Yeah, but we can`t control other AI drivers which make B-Spec endurance pointless. I know this was said many times, but... well done Kaz...
 
It can't change by itself. Strength Pit-in should be off, that's whats causing your dilemma. If it is in fact playing up on you and not letting you select it, you may need to wait until you restart another race or restart the system.
 
It can't change by itself. Strength Pit-in should be off, that's whats causing your dilemma. If it is in fact playing up on you and not letting you select it, you may need to wait until you restart another race or restart the system.

No no, it works fine for me and I'm winning by a huge margin. The AI opponents are pitting each lap.
As I said, couldn't care less in B-Spec, but it is going to make the A-Spec event quite ridiculous.
 
i found something out. when you use higher level bob's in the endurance races they don't have that problem. when i used a lvl 40 and 2 39. the AI could just run the whole race with normal pit strategy.

but when i used a fresh new lvl 25 bob to run solo in the X2010. The AI started doing pit stops every lap after like 9 hours or something well at least the faster ones. the R10 Tdi became 2nd because he had less difficulty with tired drivers.
 
Ahh i see. Only time i've noticed that happen is in the Dream Car Championship when i was grinding credits. Second race was rain, and 3rd was sunny. They must have come out with wet tyres on to start, so they pitted, and seemed to pit every lap after that. Maybe its a glitch along those lines?
 
Ahh i see. Only time i've noticed that happen is in the Dream Car Championship when i was grinding credits. Second race was rain, and 3rd was sunny. They must have come out with wet tyres on to start, so they pitted, and seemed to pit every lap after that. Maybe its a glitch along those lines?

Yep, they go out on the wrong tires and pits after the first lap. I haven't seen them pit after every lap though, only after the first to put on racing tyres/rain tyres.
 
No no, it works fine for me and I'm winning by a huge margin. The AI opponents are pitting each lap.
As I said, couldn't care less in B-Spec, but it is going to make the A-Spec event quite ridiculous.

It doesn't happen in A Spec. It didn't for me anyway.
 
I haven't had this exact problem, but I have noticed the AI being wayyy slower than they should be. They may be a bit smarter than in GT4, but they can't even drive. :crazy:
 
Yes yes yes, it happens and it's stupid, i agree. It makes me wonder though, that Guy who did the nurb 24h, with the skyline, achievement seemed flawed. Also i've also started the same thread on this topic.
 
Back