Heyo,
I've noticed that if I bump into the back of another car, I stick there like glue and have to brake very hard to get off. The car ahead of me usually doesn't spin out, change course, or notice the fact that it was rear-ended at all. But when an AI car drives into the back of my car, it bounces off and swerves me off course. If I get bumped hard, I'll spin out completely and the AI car continues unaffected. If I drive full-speed into the back of a Yaris or something, I spin out. I've never seen an AI car spin out after a collision unless I deliberately try to force it into a solid wall or drive into it head-on or something.
It seems that if I ever bump into another car, it's me that always spins out. I've tried smacking into AI cars as hard as I can to see if it really is just me, and I always seem to get the worst of it.
Also if I bang into a wall on a track like the Indy speedway, I get sucked in and can't pull away easily. If an AI car hits the wall, it bounces off. Why do I get sucked in but the AI bounces off?
I've been trying to do the "Like the Wind" challenge in my ZR-1 which is just fast enough I think, but the AI drives like I'm not there and I keep getting spun out, banged into walls and thrown around like my car weighs nothing and they're driving tanks. This is really starting to annoy me
Is there different collision physics for me and the AI cars? Or do I just not know how to handle a car when it receives the slightest of bumps
Why do I crash with the slightest of bumps, but the only way to make the AI crash involves taking yourself out in the process
I've noticed that if I bump into the back of another car, I stick there like glue and have to brake very hard to get off. The car ahead of me usually doesn't spin out, change course, or notice the fact that it was rear-ended at all. But when an AI car drives into the back of my car, it bounces off and swerves me off course. If I get bumped hard, I'll spin out completely and the AI car continues unaffected. If I drive full-speed into the back of a Yaris or something, I spin out. I've never seen an AI car spin out after a collision unless I deliberately try to force it into a solid wall or drive into it head-on or something.
It seems that if I ever bump into another car, it's me that always spins out. I've tried smacking into AI cars as hard as I can to see if it really is just me, and I always seem to get the worst of it.
Also if I bang into a wall on a track like the Indy speedway, I get sucked in and can't pull away easily. If an AI car hits the wall, it bounces off. Why do I get sucked in but the AI bounces off?
I've been trying to do the "Like the Wind" challenge in my ZR-1 which is just fast enough I think, but the AI drives like I'm not there and I keep getting spun out, banged into walls and thrown around like my car weighs nothing and they're driving tanks. This is really starting to annoy me
Is there different collision physics for me and the AI cars? Or do I just not know how to handle a car when it receives the slightest of bumps
Why do I crash with the slightest of bumps, but the only way to make the AI crash involves taking yourself out in the process